problem with ITB mode

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

raffa75
MS/Extra Newbie

problem with ITB mode

Post by raffa75 »

Hi guys.
Yesterday i went in moutain with my itbs set and itb mode.
i have set the percent baro switch point at 90 where the map signal start to be noisy.
When the atmospheric pressure went under 90 the transition to the alpha-n not happening.
So i think that if you do not join both percent baro switch point+ itb load tps switch points, the alpha-n region is not considered,
and in situation like moutain where the atmospheric pressure go down it may be a problem.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Re: problem with ITB mode

Post by muythaibxr »

Are you running a 2nd baro sensor?

:msq:
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
raffa75
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by raffa75 »

Sorry but i have make the mistake to don't make a datalog :(
I have only the msq for now.

No ... i don't have second baro , no barometric correction,
but be sure when i stop the car to see what was happenig and i see that the atmospheric pressure where to 87
lowering the value to 80 the problem goes away.
when i get in moutain again i make an msq ... sorry again
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

No problem. If you don't have a second MAP sensor, then you're going to have issues as you drive up/down the mountain since the only time the barometric pressure will be updated is when you first turn the key to the "on" position.

Ken
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
raffa75
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by raffa75 »

When i restarted the engine was still there. i was to much lean because when i push down the throttle when it arrive at the trasition point the VE table won't rise but stop at the TPS swith point.
Only when i lowered tha value at 80 i can drive with all the table, the alpha-n part of the table were not considerd before.
m3ltd0wn
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by m3ltd0wn »

I can confirm this behaviour, happened to me when I went from sea level to aprox 2100m altitude, in itb mode with barro correction set to on without a second map sensor, when i was reaching high altitude the map stayed at 85kpa and msq didn't switch to alpha-n even if i put my foot down on the pedal. I had to switch my tune to full alpha-n so i can drive the car up top. Since then I've installed a secondary map sensor (Motorola 60-120kpa from a vw tdi bosch ecu), i have yet to test the constant baro correction with this secondary map. best regards