accel enrichment vs startup

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

gurov
Super MS/Extra'er

accel enrichment vs startup

Post by gurov »

So i noticed something when (very poorly) tuning my BMW project, assgining a far too high of cranking PW , causes EAE to completely cut the actual injected PW.

so the result is: crank crank crank -> IGNITION -> run a fraction of a second-> 0 pw while EAE catches up with all the fuel that's supposedly stuck to walls. however, there's no fuel delivered into the engine at all at 0 PW here.

what about a setting: "cycles at 0 pw needed to clear walls"
or as setting: "minimum EAE % fuel correction "

first would dictate how many cycles it would take for engine to really clear up the fuel from the intake ports
second would go along with the theory that an engine needs at least SOME fuel is needed to keep the engine running after cranking RPM has been exceeded.

or perhaps a way to ignore EAE for a certain number of seconds after start.

again, this can be fixed by properly tuning the cranking PW and ASE , but it would be nice if there was a limit to whether EAE could prevent successful start.

i can likely post MSQ and a log file, but these seem like pretty straight forward requests for generic engines.
2020 BMW X3M - bm3 - stage1
1994 Supra - ms3pnp pro - j&s
nismoautoxr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: accel enrichment vs startup

Post by nismoautoxr »

Im no expert on EAE but I have used it successfully and the key is tuning the transition from crank to run to EAE as you already stated. Not sure that any actions are required in the code . I have seen threads like this before on EAE where it resulted in a pw=to 0 ...the code and the tuning software offers options to prevent it . I have never had a problem as long as the constants are tuned correctly i.e. cranking RPM, cranking PW, ASE, Required fuel, dead time etc.

I typically do not even add EAE until the engine is in a very well tuned state. :idea:
Ricky-
1995 Nissan 240sx, 403 LS strokerv8 N/A 6speed trans
MS3&MS3X v.3.0 PCB
42lb/hr Hi-Z inj.,230/232 @.050 on 114LSA cam
sequential fuel and sequential spark
LS3/LSA card MAF sensor
97 Mazda MX5
MS3 2002 vvt motor
.60 trim T4 Turbo at 15 PSI
gurov
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: accel enrichment vs startup

Post by gurov »

right, i get that i'm overfueling it on statr.... like WAY overfueling... like 20ms overfueling, when it should idle at 1.5ms, and i've already fixed it.

but it seems like there should be a safeguard against not injecting ANY fuel when the engine is running. we have an AFR safety to shut the engine down, we have rev limiters that are CLT based.

this would be an extra bit of convenience.
2020 BMW X3M - bm3 - stage1
1994 Supra - ms3pnp pro - j&s