MS3 pre-1.4 alpha 7 released

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3 pre-1.4 alpha 7 released

Post by 93supercoupe »

Thank you James!!

Im on the road for the next day or 2 but it looks like the weather is good until sunday, so I will be testing ASAP!
BootlegTuned
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I was able to find one ground input for the Pit lane limiter, all that's left after that is 12v in, and thankyou for the tc light, I have my 2 spark outputs left for that and my checks engine light

The code is loaded and just need some time this weekend to try it all out too. I'll try out the pit lane setup and try out the traction control stuff
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

the .s19 file that James sent me,

I would just take the one in the firmware folder and replace it with the one james sent me, then reload the firmware to my ECU?

or is there another way?
BootlegTuned
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

nathaninwa wrote:I was able to find one ground input for the Pit lane limiter, all that's left after that is 12v in, and thankyou for the tc light, I have my 2 spark outputs left for that and my checks engine light

The code is loaded and just need some time this weekend to try it all out too. I'll try out the pit lane setup and try out the traction control stuff
I used the tableswitch pin for my pit limiter. I could not get the N20 in to work, but that was before James fixed it.

Its looking like this may be the last weekend for my car. Its getting pretty cold and nearby buffalo just got about 6 feet of snow.
BootlegTuned
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Yes that's what's needed to update.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

is there any chance of a bit of info on how the tc and actions are handled? just did a quick log and i am getting up to 225 for the tc slip * time and am trying to work out how it relates to the amount of timing that was removed.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

grom_e30 wrote:is there any chance of a bit of info on how the tc and actions are handled? just did a quick log and i am getting up to 225 for the tc slip * time and am trying to work out how it relates to the amount of timing that was removed.
slip*time is the X axis in the "reactions" curve - yet set the timing change etc.
Spk: tc_retard is the field to look for in the datalogs.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

Just got my MS3 reinstalled, works very nicely, day/night vs the MS2 that was doing service on E85.
The blend additions work. Well.
I was having fits getting the mutant MS2+ms3x setup to give it enough fuel cold, MS3 fires right off & idles well on the same imported tables.

Now if I could just find actual E85 I could tune ve3 properly, last tank dropped me to E65 according to the sensor and the little test tube thingie.
Have yet to see over ~E70, even in summer when I started running the booze blend.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
subwoofer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by subwoofer »

The only way out may be to fork out for a barrel of race fuel? I believe those are actually E85, not "a dash of this and a dash of that".
Joachim
1974 Jensen-Healey
1990 VW Caravelle Syncro - running MS3+X
2014 Ford Fiesta EcoBoost
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

subwoofer wrote:The only way out may be to fork out for a barrel of race fuel? I believe those are actually E85, not "a dash of this and a dash of that".
I was just googling for that, the race shop literally around the corner from where I work apparently sells ~everything.
I may be able to buy enough E100 to tart up what's in the tank.
(at least long enough to get the reqfuel offset and scale the VE3 table, then do some fine tuning)
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

When I was running flex fuel, I picked up 10 gallons of e98 and just left the pumps running while I added ethanol till the gauge read e85
JAM
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by JAM »

Has anybody compared the reading on the flex fuel sensor to the reading on the test tube?
Are the sensors fairly repeatable?

I do not have a flex sensor but considering running pump ethanol next year in the race car and was just planing to mix and test with the tube in a drum.
I checked a couple times this year and it was over 95% at one point out of the pump in the fall, maybe some extra corn to go around
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

That's a good question. I bought a new gm sensor and has ms and a zeitronix guage say the same thing, but when filling with clear gas it would only to as low as 13% ethanol. Bought a new sensor and I was at 2% ethanol

For that reason and other reasons, I run 2 widebands in the car as well
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

JAM wrote:Has anybody compared the reading on the flex fuel sensor to the reading on the test tube?
Are the sensors fairly repeatable?

I do not have a flex sensor but considering running pump ethanol next year in the race car and was just planing to mix and test with the tube in a drum.
I checked a couple times this year and it was over 95% at one point out of the pump in the fall, maybe some extra corn to go around
My new sensor seems to agree well with the graduated tube tester, but I have not seen fuel over 70% yet.
I have 2 stations on my work commute, and one about 15 miles north, have been running E85 (OK, E70) for a few months now.
I really should run it down and feed it some of the local regular (all E10) again if only to watch the blend compensation do its thing.

This is the tester I use:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-tester-to-c ... ls&vxp=mtr

a large syringe is handy for accurate filling, turkey baster might work.

my wideband sensor may be acting up, need to swap it out with my spare to see if its the sensor.
bit it on a very cold day, may have gotten splashed with condensate.
elaw
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elaw »

I just started fooling around with the per-cylinder-knock-retard code, which I'm assuming is based on the alpha 7 code so I figured this is the best place to post.

I noticed the "variable" tacho output option, tried it, and it works like a champ!

I always figured it was for use with OE tachs that expect a pulse at an odd rate, but my use for it is different. My tach is just a little inaccurate... and setting the variable tach output to 103% almost completely fixes that issue! :)
Eric Law
1990 Audi 80 quattro with AAN turbo engine: happily running on MS3+MS3X
2012 Audi A4 quattro, desperately in need of tweaking

Be alert! America needs more lerts.
sheek
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by sheek »

im having an issue with the new code where it is turning on my inj g output without the engine running.

inj G is programmed to come on status7 And 32 which is turning on my ac fan when ac is requested. it worked fine prior to the upgrade. seems the output is grounding when engine off but when activated turns off the output which is the opposite to the function it was doing prior
sheek
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by sheek »

p.s the output behaves normal in i/o test mode
2014-12-02_16.06.28.msl
odd.msq
sheek
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by sheek »

just downgraded and all is well again
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Please read the first post where this is mentioned.

James

sheek
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by sheek »

On/Off outputs - use "hyst" setting as match with bitwise AND. *CHANGED BEHAVIOUR*

if this is what you mean i dont understand what it means.
is this change only for injector outputs or all outputs?

how do i make it normal? do i switch the power on and active values?

also why the change?

thanks