idea for mat correction

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

AbatelliCristian
Super MS/Extra'er

idea for mat correction

Post by AbatelliCristian »

hi guys, I have idea.
now we can compensate the VE fuel with Mat air density table and is perfect.
however in turbocharger engine I think is good insert MAT-AFR curve.
example:
I run at 12-12,2 afr for max torque when MAT is 40-50 C° and the engine no knock.
If during race the MAT arrived a 80 C° the engine knock and I have need 11-11.5 AFR for no knock...(I can reduced IGN timing based MAT, but this decrease the power) With only Mat air density I can't change AFR if I have closed-loop wideband...

You think is good idea?
AbatelliCristian
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: idea for mat correction

I had thought of using AFR blend table, but in the x axis parameter there isn't MAT
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

It's an older idea and it does work. It has some draw backs though..... A good friend of mine had a factory keene bell supercharged ram and it used a strategy of enriching the AFR when inlet temps rose. When towing the only thing that truck could not go past was a petrol station. He intercooled it and halved his fuel consumption. This extra fuel also reduces power so it is probably as bad as pulling timing. My brother has 350rwkw 4lt turbo with a decent intercooler but found water injection to be quite helpful in our ridiculously hot climate. Water is a lot cheaper than petrol and it uses very little of it.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
AbatelliCristian
Super MS/Extra'er

Yes, I have tested water injection+metanolo (50-50). It' very good system, low egt, high boost, high ING timing, no detonation... very very good, but not all person installing this system.