MS3 pre-1.4 beta 12 released

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jsmcortina
Site Admin

MS3 pre-1.4 beta 12 released

Post by jsmcortina »

To announce the release of "MS3 Pre 1.4 beta 12"
ETA on this 1.4.x code becoming release is 3 months.

Who should use this code?
Existing or experienced users wanting to test the new features.

Who should not use this code?
New users - please use the current release code instead - see the Downloads page linked above.

Main changes since pre-1.4 beta 11
Bug fixes:
RTCC works in TunerStudio again.

New / changed features:
Back out datax1 offset change due to TunerStudio hardcoding.

Minor / internal:
-

Known bugs
-

The firmware zip is available from:
http://www.msextra.com/downloads/dev/ms3/1-4/beta-12/

Be sure to read the README.txt and RELEASE-NOTES.txt that are supplied in the zipfile.
Some of the ini changes will result in harmless warnings when loading MSQs from 1.3.x
Users upgrading from 1.2.x or earlier codes need to pay more attention.
TunerStudio 2.6.x is REQUIRED.

One potential issue found during testing is fetching data over CAN from remote devices. This is believed to be an electrical issue on that install, reverting to previous firmware didn't change issue. EDIT: False alarm - see later.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
AbatelliCristian
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3 pre-1.4 beta 12 released

Post by AbatelliCristian »

page not found....
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

AbatelliCristian wrote:page not found....
Try now!

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

AbatelliCristian
Super MS/Extra'er

piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

OK, this is weird, fresh TS beta version also happened to load, but seems to track with firmware:

1) Every time I cycle the key it comes up on a different USB port on 1.4B12 (just noticed after loading B12, TS also updated to 2.6.16
Doesn't do it on 1.3.4 with same TS. Didn't see it on B11 on earlier TS version, so it may be some TS version + FW issue.

2) Also working possible odd behavior on cold starts been having with recent FW, one pair on injectors seem not working right with the flex, almost like they are following the E85 tables, one pair seem to flood when cranking. Reported PW is same. (trying to eliminate HW issue)
Currently on 1.3.4 to see if it duplicates, now starts normally, but its hot so much less delta, plus flex not enabled yet.
(will load up msq and log shortly from tuning laptop, and will check cold start in a few hours again with 1.3.4)
2015-03-01_17.54.28.msq
Last edited by piledriver on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

piledriver wrote:OK, this is weird, fresh TS beta version also happened to load, but seems to track with firmware:

1) Every time I cycle the key it comes up on a different USB port on 1.4B12 (just noticed after loading B12, TS also updated to 2.6.16
Doesn't do it on 1.3.4 with same TS. Didn't see it on B11 on earlier TS version, so it may be some TS version + FW issue.
The firmware has no influence over the USB device - that's entirely down to your computer operating system.

James

piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

jsmcortina wrote:
piledriver wrote:OK, this is weird, fresh TS beta version also happened to load, but seems to track with firmware:

The firmware has no influence over the USB device - that's entirely down to your computer operating system.

James

I know, that's why its weird, but it is reproducable. Works as it always has with 1.3.4.
Adding msq to post above to see if anything stupid jumps out.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

I'll write the shifting USB port off was just something I never noticed before, and set flex back up from scratch tomorrow.
It did not want to cold start with that tune whether flex was enabled or not.

Imported an ancient pre-1.3a12 tune via 1.3.4, starts flawlessly again, can't really see what was making it crank endlessly hitting on two occasionally in the diffs, but its gone.
2015-03-01_20.33.42.msq
CSXRT4
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by CSXRT4 »

Im not sure if im not getting any views on my thread or what, but im pretty sure this is a bug. http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 25&t=57614
AbatelliCristian
Super MS/Extra'er

that's not a bug....
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

piledriver wrote:I'll write the shifting USB port off was just something I never noticed before, and set flex back up from scratch tomorrow.
It did not want to cold start with that tune whether flex was enabled or not.

Imported an ancient pre-1.3a12 tune via 1.3.4, starts flawlessly again, can't really see what was making it crank endlessly hitting on two occasionally in the diffs, but its gone.
2015-03-01_20.33.42.msq
Are you still seeing this? I'm way back on Alpha 8 and 6 or 7 before that, which I loaded to use Flex Fuel. Ever since I put them on, I've had a real hard time starting. It's just one of those things I never get to, but the other day I saw a freind's car with an old MS-2 and it started like mine did - a few too many pulses to sync but as soon as it did it started perfect. Now I can't make heads or tails of it - too rich, too lean, etc.

I could turn off flex fuel again (all it's done to date is make problems when the sensor isn't read correctly though I would like to use it) - do you think you can enable/disable it and have it go away?
-Abe
2000 VVT Miata turbo, MS3Pro

Contact me if interested in a MS-II 2nd gen NB Miata PnP board.
MS2tester
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by MS2tester »

this code version does not seem to like V8 2 stroke
i have fully seq but keeps giving an error when cycling power
also have the trim tables on
i have an injector on A and G
A trim is +25.4 and G is -25.4 cylinder 7 trim
but measuring the same pulse width on the injector on both?
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

loaded this on the coyote motor, nothing really to report it seems to run the same as alpha 9. is there anything in particular you want me to test out.
Alfagta
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Alfagta »

Hello,

i have a strange thing with the can bus communication.
I request data wirth am MCU from the ms.
Every thing work as ecpected when adc pooling or some polling else is enabled.
But when only Master Enable is on and no polling and no broadcasting is enabled i get no answear from the ms.
Any idea why?

When i only want request data from the ms imho it's not necessary to enable the polling or broadcasting.

Thanks in advance.
Alfa 156 GTA
Alfa 75 Race Car MS III -- alway latest FW
Alfa 164 V6 Turbo
Alfa 155 2,5TD RIP
Test MS II --always latest FW
Tunerstudio V2.6.11 Registered
MegaLog Viewer V3.4.04 Registered
Alfagta
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Alfagta »

Hello James,

there is a fault in the ini with the fueltemp.
Temp2 conversion is not correct in F mode.

Code: Select all

#if CELSIUS
   fuel_temp1        = scalar, S16,  378, "°C",  0.05555, -320.0
   fuel_temp2        = scalar, S16,  380, "°C",  0.05555, -320.0
#else
   fuel_temp1        = scalar, S16,  378, "°F",  0.100, 0.0
   fuel_temp2        = scalar, S16,  380, "°C",  0.05555, -320.0
#endif
Do i have any possibilit get lambda out of the MS via can bus?
Because to display lambda i would need the stoich variable and that is only a TS variable.

Best regards
Alfa 156 GTA
Alfa 164 V6 Turbo
Alfa 155 2,5TD RIP
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

I've already addressed fuel temperature. The bug was in the code not the ini.

James

Alfagta
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Alfagta »

jsmcortina wrote:I've already addressed fuel temperature. The bug was in the code not the ini.

James

Ah okay,

and what about the can com?

Thanks
Alfa 156 GTA
Alfa 164 V6 Turbo
Alfa 155 2,5TD RIP
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

did some testing yesterday with the vvt to find optimal timing, scatter plots showed some interesting results. mafload can vary as much as 25% at lower rpms depending on cam timing.

i have a request, can the tables for intake and exhaust use different binnings? trying to mimic the stock controls is near impossible on a 6x6 table sharing the same x-y values. the intake needs more resulution above 4500rpm and the exhaust needs more in the 1500-3500 range.

on a side note i have an issue with vvt3 im not sure if it is code,tuning, electrical or mechanical, alot of the time it works fine but about 30% it oscilates wildly, while none of the other give me problems, the only difference between this and vvt1 is vvt1 is on the ms3x vr and the vvt3 is on the opto, both are hall effect sensors(vvt2 and 4 are on a dualvr board) . would it be worth trying relaxing the pid loop a bit or should i start lookings elsewhere.

also i have individual knock enabled if you want to look at logs, it appears my engine is noisy under decel and it pulls timing, also #4 acts strange.

i did 4 pulls at 5, 15, 25, 35 and 45 intake degrees
sjf911
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by sjf911 »

I attempted to upgrade to beta 12 from beta 1 yesterday after awakening the car from a 5 month winter slumber. Car was running well on beta 1 but I was unable to get 12 to work. The download went fine but when TS opened and tried to communicate with the ECU it reported a serial error and went offline. I attempted loading with and without preserving tune then tried loading beta 10 which is the oldest available on the download site but got similar result. I was able to reload beta 1 without trouble.
I have the latest TS update. I am running an HP mini laptop with Windows 7 Starter. I have a JBperf I/O extender as well.
Steve
1983 Porsche 911SC 3.4L, MS-3 v3.57 (pre1.4 alpha1, TS 2.6.14,JBperf I/O extender), MS3X full sequential, RTC, 12x LS2 D585 coil twinplug, PMAS HPX MAF, LC-1, GT35R turbocharged, full-bay intercooler, J&S Interceptor, e85.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

That looks like a CAN issue. On my bench test setup (which is slightly different from a normal MS3-IOx setup), I do get that type of error just after loading a new firmware version to the MS3. I have to either keep the setup powered off for a while or short the CANH/CANL lines together (with the power off) for this error to go away. You should not have to do so but it's worth a try.

Once this initial issue has been cleared up from my setup, I have absolutely no issue with CAN comms and don't get the error. That goes for beta 11 and beta 12.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum