Options for staged injection fueling

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Options for staged injection fueling

Post by nathaninwa »

Just thinking about my two projects and a project I help with in town. I'm picking up an egt box and will be logging egt per cyclinder under boost. Both my projects and the other are running staged injection with separate fuel's for the needed octane. Would it be possible with the next Pre-1.x code to be able to use the all the available injector outputs and assign them specific injectors? With my 6 cylinder that means I could run sequential staged and use an injector trim table to dial in cylinders, and my LS project I could wire them 2 injectors per driver and have a better chance of dialing in fuel over adding to all 4 and so on

My other day dream thought was to just wire them all primarily sequential, and relay swap using programmable outputs, meaning I could trigger the secondarys at 135kpa and trigger off the primary's at say 137kpa. That spot would be rich but it's so brief and Im hardly there it wouldn't matter
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Re: Options for staged injection fueling

Post by muythaibxr »

If you're asking for what I'm thinking you're asking. That's a pretty major change to the way we work today, so it's not going into 1.4 pre anything. I'll add it to the list for consideration/discussion in 1.5.

Ken
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I understand about the code change, and was hinting towards 1.5

Having options for staged sequential injection would really help dial in a motor based on egt's and some possible stange stsging issues my buddy is having

Thankyou Ken
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

nathaninwa wrote:I understand about the code change, and was hinting towards 1.5

Having options for staged sequential injection would really help dial in a motor based on egt's and some possible stange stsging issues my buddy is having

Thankyou Ken
Can you try to explain what you're asking for in a little more detail though? I'm not sure I'm understanding properly.

Ken
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Being able to assign injector drivers to certain injectors to create a sequential staged injection setup. My 2j for instance will soon be tuned with egt probes on each cylinder. Currently we can only trim batch fired injectors, so for whatever reason lets say 6 is running is lean, I have to had fuel to 4-5-6 to bring down 6 temps, which will lean out the front cylinders. No way to really dial in fuel using the I/J outputs only. And my LS will have 4 injectors per driver when staged over from pump to 116 octane. Now the LS engine will not stage fully like the 2j, but 50/50 creating 104 octane, so yes I can add more pump, at the sake of reducing octane in that cylinder. If on the LS we can wire 2 injectors per driver that would be better than all 4
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

OK, I think I get it.
MS2tester
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by MS2tester »

is it an idea to use V12 2 stroke setting on your 6 cylinder ?
that give,s you 12 injector outputs with trim tables
and then switch them with relays ?