Baro fuel calculation

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

suberimakuri
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Baro fuel calculation

Post by suberimakuri »

Extra division removed. Guess might make your curve flatter.
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

So to clarify:
There's no "first principles" reason to have ANY curve over any other? No PV=nRt kinda thing which makes it obvious? That there's offsetting effects so you'll have to adjust it per car?

The drop in back pressure makes sense, but it's effect is going to depend on cam timing and other things, so I get that. I was hoping for a "in general, add ~20% fuel for every 10,000 ft" so I could set-and-forget.

And I wanted to make sure the initial read thing was fixed (I'd be happy to test it), since as I understand it, if you STAY at the altitude of the initial read, you'll have all the benefits of the real time sensor - and if you don't, at least you'll have started closer to right, and can restart the MS once in a while to deal with changes. A small price to pay.
2000 VVT Miata turbo, MS3Pro

Contact me if interested in a MS-II 2nd gen NB Miata PnP board.
suberimakuri
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by suberimakuri »

Better to go back and read the thread. Replying on phone sorry.
Go up in elevation equals less back pressure, also less map so in SD mode the map will take care of itself but baro curve will correct for back pressure change.
If you're turbo then chances are map will be the same due to wastegate targeting same pressure (turbo working harder).

If you are percent baro mode then the baro curve will need to compensate for map and back pressure changes.
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

Thanks. That's what I understood from reading the thread as well.

I was hoping to find a "here's a good baseline number, better than nothing" kinda default place to start.

Being both SD and turbo, I probably have a lot less to worry about - my biggest concern is the off-boost lean cruise that I saw back when I had baro turned on. Since I've had it off, I've noticed few issues, but I've also pretty much stayed at sea level.
2000 VVT Miata turbo, MS3Pro

Contact me if interested in a MS-II 2nd gen NB Miata PnP board.
suberimakuri
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by suberimakuri »

Have a look for the Motec FSAE PDF. It has their baro curve. You will want to richen going up in altitude with turbo.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Can gslender or someone that can compile the code remove the extra math and post a test s.19 file with the change? I'd love to test this out. I have an 8000 foot mountain I can drive that is only 30 miles away. I'm at 2600feet in the city.

Thanks Ryan
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
suberimakuri
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by suberimakuri »

What extra math? I don't think anyone answered earlier sorry.
The extra division was made selectable and then completely removed in later code off memory.

You can cross check with manual for 1.4 stable code.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Im not on ms3. MS2 here. I dont remember seeing anything about a baro fix in any of the release notes. Ive progressed throught most of the alpha and beta code from 3.3 to 3.4.1 and haven't seen any fix/change.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Oh... i c it now. Snuck it in the general setting tab. Makes me wonder what my setting is set to.
EMark1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by EMark1 »

Can I switch off the Barometric Correction? Instead of "Initial MAP reading" to choose "None"? Or is better to update to 3.4 beta 11? I'm asking because now I use 3.3.3, and everything is ok, and I don't want to change it. Also I read something that the 3.4 is out of memory.
Running MS2Extra with PCB 3.0 on Citroen ZX 1.9 XU9J2 custom project engine, wasted spark, IAC (Since 2008)
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

EMark1 wrote:Can I switch off the Barometric Correction? Instead of "Initial MAP reading" to choose "None"? Or is better to update to 3.4 beta 11? I'm asking because now I use 3.3.3, and everything is ok, and I don't want to change it. Also I read something that the 3.4 is out of memory.
At this time, it's better to use 3.4.0 stable release than one of the betas before it. :)
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
EMark1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by EMark1 »

I tried to switch the correction to "None", but there wasn't any difference in the ego correction.

Yes Mat, it is better to use the final release, although I had problems with 3.4, that's why I switched back to 3.3.3
Running MS2Extra with PCB 3.0 on Citroen ZX 1.9 XU9J2 custom project engine, wasted spark, IAC (Since 2008)