feature request: Ac shut off if CLT exceeds temp

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sheek
Experienced MS/Extra'er

feature request: Ac shut off if CLT exceeds temp

Post by sheek »

hi just wondering if you can add this feature to disengage the ac compressor if clt exceeds a set limit. thank you.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: feature request: Ac shut off if CLT exceeds temp

Post by kjones6039 »

I think this could be accomplished with an existing output without the addition of another feature, couldn't it?

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
sheek
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by sheek »

i dunno im using nitrous in connected to my switch input and injector E engages the compressor in my ac settings.

i dont see what im looking for in there
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

Well I could be wrong, of course, but I thought MS3 had several more outputs than MS2.......

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

On the 1.4 code, you could use a LOOP function set to the input active AND CLT < whatever.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
sheek
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by sheek »

how would i do that?
sheek
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by sheek »

nitrous in is set to my ac request signal and injector E kicks on the ac clutch. so how would i use the loop function with my existing setup? ideally under ac compressor shut off where it has tps vss etc a field can be added called coolant. that is what i was thinking.
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

You hopefully can also cut the compressor out above a certain engine load...

Will be going there the coming weekend, is there an existing how-to//example on this subject?

The AC feed-forward idle up and load based cutout are ms3-pro/ms3-pnp advertised features, so there must be some documentation, I'll go dig.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

I couldn't find how to set up those advertised features in the manuals or anything of much use in the forums.

I'll try and put together a how-to when I try it myself.

Suggestions/links welcome.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
ap67et10
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ap67et10 »

On the AC setup I just built for my 64 f100 I used both AC high side pressure transducer and coolant temp to shut off the compressor. What I do for that is actually quite simple, but it can cause a slightly high idle at times if it is commanding AC idle up, but clutch is disengaged for coolant too hot or high pressure too high. The way I did it is this: I took a standard 5 pin relay and hooked the ground output from MS that goes to the AC compressor relay (your injector E output) to pin 30 of the relay. Then the other side of that ouput that actually attaches to the AC compressor relay goes to pin 87a on the 5 pin relay. This means that when the relay is not engaged there is continuity from MS to the compressor clutch relay. So if AC request is turned on the compressor comes on. I then hooked 85 to 12v switched and 86 to a generic output from MS. I used the programmable outputs to set the parameters for >210 coolant or 370psi on high side of AC the output is activated. This just causes relay engagement which simply interupts the AC clutch signal and shuts off the AC until coolant temp comes down or high side comes down. I do agree having it built into the code would make it much easier and allow me to free up and output pin. But it does work this way.

Andrew