Feature request: Ego correction average table

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Suprazz
Master MS/Extra'er

Feature request: Ego correction average table

Post by Suprazz »

I got a comment/idea from a tuning shop today. They tried one of my MS3Pro plug and play unit today and he was veri satisfied. They normally tune with HKS Vpro, motec and vipec ecu.

Only the HKS vpro is doing something like this and this is a feature he really likes.

The idea would be to create and fill a equivalent of the afr table but by the ms3 with the average EGO correction used value for each rpm and kpa cells. This way, the ego control instead of always starting from nothing, could refer to this table.
Also, the other advantage of doing this would be to be able to see where there is missing or where there is too much fuel in the VE table. If you reload the tune, this table would update in tunerstudio with the recorded values by the ms3 and you could choose to apply this corrections to the VE table and reset this table or leave it like that and use this information.

What do you think about this feature. Is this something that could be interesting to have?
Best looking and most advanced CAN-bus gauge
Toyota Supra 7MGE, 7M-GTE and 1JZ-GTE Plug and play ECUs: http://www.perfecttuning.net
Serial to Bluetooth or Serial to WiFi
DIYAutotune Canadian, EFI Source and ECUMaster reseller!
pit_celica
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature request: Ego correction average table

Post by pit_celica »

What you're are talking about is nearly textbook what VE Analyse Live in Tunerstudio is. When you have VEAL, I don't see how the feature you are describing can have any advantages.

Why would you want EGO correction to have a table to start from when you can simply have a correct VE table to begin with once you've finished tuning with VEAL?

Sam
Alfagta
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Alfagta »

What about long term trim in the ms3?
That is nearly such System you are talking about.
Alfa 156 GTA
Alfa 75 Race Car MS III -- alway latest FW
Alfa 164 V6 Turbo
Alfa 155 2,5TD RIP
Test MS II --always latest FW
Tunerstudio V2.6.11 Registered
MegaLog Viewer V3.4.04 Registered
Suprazz
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Suprazz »

I was not aware of the long term fuel trim option because it's hidden in the can-bus / testmodes menu.

I'll take a look at it, but it really look like what I'm asking...
Best looking and most advanced CAN-bus gauge
Toyota Supra 7MGE, 7M-GTE and 1JZ-GTE Plug and play ECUs: http://www.perfecttuning.net
Serial to Bluetooth or Serial to WiFi
DIYAutotune Canadian, EFI Source and ECUMaster reseller!