Rev match up shifting while flat shifting

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

rabid
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Rev match up shifting while flat shifting

Post by rabid »

This is in conjunction and addition to my rev match down shift code. It ignores the flat shift hard rev limit setting and calculates the "proper" rpm on the fly. This is in the do_launch function of the 1.3.2 code. I haven't tested this yet and it assumes a few things like vss enabled and proper gear calculation ect.

Code: Select all

if (flagbyte21 & FLAGBYTE21_FLATS_ARM) {
            outpc.status2 |= STATUS2_FLATSHIFT;
            // use flat shift limits
            hard_lim = (unsigned int)(((ram4.gear_ratio[outpc.gear - 1] * (unsigned long)outpc.vss1 * gear_scale) / 10000) + 200); // last addition is to bump up rpm for smoother shift.
			if (hard_lim > RevLimRpm2) // make sure hard_lim rev limit doesn't exceed normal limit
			{
				hard_lim = RevLimRpm2;
			}	
			soft_lim = hard_lim - ram4.launch_sft_zone;
masterx81
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Rev match up shifting while flat shifting

Post by masterx81 »

I'd like to have this in current code...
Enrico
Opel/Vauxhall Corsa GSi MS2
Subaru v4 EJ20 MS3
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Probably a good idea to test it first.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
AbatelliCristian
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbatelliCristian »

It's very interesting. With my staff we talked days ago the possibility of integrating this strategy. Less stress on the clutch and gearbox
rabid
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by rabid »

Here is a datalog of this working. The biggest issue I has right now is it messes with my boost control setup. I would think a dual option for set rpm or calculated rpm would be good. Also I'm adding 200rpm to the calculated rpm and I don't know if that is best yet.
rabid
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by rabid »

I really haven't drove and tested this much because of winter but now spring is here and I'm getting back to it. Again, because of my turbo, I need to set the rpm difference pretty high to keep revs up to keep the turbo spooled up.

Code: Select all

hard_lim = (unsigned int)(((ram4.gear_ratio[outpc.gear - 1] * (unsigned long)outpc.vss1 * gear_scale) / 10000) + ram4.flats_hrd); // last addition is to bump up rpm for smoother shift. 
I changed the rpm addition to that flat shift hard limit field in tunerstudio launch control. That way I can easily change the offset. I think if my engine wasn't turboed the rpm offset would be around 200-300.