Reqfuel blending feature request

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Reqfuel blending feature request

Post by nathaninwa »

Brain storming right now. I'm planning on running e85 as a secondary fuel in my staged injection setup. Having done this before I found tuning the ve table was tricky as values went way up and it seemed very sensitive in fueling up there.

Is it possible to get reqfuel switching blended on a table that followed the staging blend percent table?

I'll run out of secondary injector hefore I can fully stage I think so my plan is ramp up the staging table till I get about 75% dc and let the primary's fill in the rest
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Reqfuel blending feature request

Post by nathaninwa »

I have a friend I help tune that is running a turbo 2jz that is experiencing a similiar problem when staging He is also running e85 on the secondary's and this alternate reqfuel blend feature would help with this
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Is there a way to back door a reqfuel increase with a flex sensor while using staged injection?
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Went out today and tuned more on this. We used table blending and kpa switching. We use around the 135 kpa zone to reqfuel switch and 130 150kpa to stage over. We found we needed to use reqfuel switching to keep ve numbers in check while running on e85 What I found was, small hiccups when staging to e85. If I tuned the fuel table to quiet the hicup some, it then is back if we change rpm points. Most of this was done in third gear to pass over the 135kpa switch point. If reqfuel switch happens at 135 and we table stage from from 130 over to 150 then we get a spike in primary fuel and a spike in secondary fuel, all of which makes cell weighting hard to tune, auto tune does great, but in some cases it sees a lean spot and makes th condition worse

We then filled up with 110 race gas which has the same stoich point as gasoline, all staging problems went away and once a new fuel table was created, staging at any rpm point was flawless

We run e85 as a secondary fuel because it's 2.99 a gallon, but over an hour away. 110 race gas is 11 bucks a gallon, and my 116 is just over 15.00 per gallon, it's local but spendy. We like the ethanol in our boosted cars for more intercooling reasons

My buddy would like to stay on e85 and I want to run my LS motor on pump/ staged e85. That's where having the reqfuel alternate blending setup based on table percentage staged would work great. It would allow the addition fuel needed no matter where on the map your spooling in at and have a normal looking ve table
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

nathaninwa wrote:That's where having the reqfuel alternate blending setup based on table percentage staged would work great. It would allow the addition fuel needed no matter where on the map your spooling in at and have a normal looking ve table
I'll have a think about it, I understand your reasoning for asking for it.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Thank you
glenneaux
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by glenneaux »

Did anything happen here ? Seems logical to me, or do we still run 2 separate ve maps? I noticed another ECU runs a fuel trim map instead of a second ve

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

No progress on this, but I'm ready to test at any time