Boost table blending (e85) & Bias/closed loop setup

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

shaodome
Master MS/Extra'er

Boost table blending (e85) & Bias/closed loop setup

Post by shaodome »

In working on a customer's car tonight that has open loop boost control blending based on feedback from the flex fuel sensor I noticed that if you want to use closed loop boost control AND table blending, then you must enable boost control 2 in order to access the Boost Bias 2 and Boost Target 2 tables. You then basically have to put in similar settings like you would for standard closed loop boost control. The only thing that was funny about it, was you must specify an output pin in the boost 2 settings that of course does not conflict with the standard boost control output pin selected.

Is the flex fuel blending and this closed loop control actually working with the blending? We ran out of time to test this fully tonight, but it appears it was?
aidandj
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Boost table blending (e85) & Bias/closed loop setup

Post by aidandj »

When I enable Alt boost table in the duel fuel menu the Boost target 2 table enabled. I also get the Flex curve enabled. If this works like other blending then you don't mess with boost control 2 settings, and just set up the target table and the blending.