Feature request: Fuel&spark cut at start up

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Feature request: Fuel&spark cut at start up

Post by racingmini_mtl »

James,

Would it be possible to have an option to have fuel and/or spark cut (using the shutdowncode variable) enabled at start up? I'm implementing different shutdown options on my TinyIOx and I currently read which ECU type is connected (MS2 or MS3) and then immediately send the shutdown command if needed.

However, I want to implement an RFID immobilizer but the currently available method can be defeated by simply cutting the CAN bus (if the TIOx is not in the same enclosure which would be the case for an MS3Pro). If the ECU did start up in shutdown mode, then cutting the CAN bus would actually keep the engine disabled.

That is still not a strong security setup since a simple tune change or code upload would defeat it but that would be much better than what is currently available.

And speaking of RFID, is it possible to use the current switching features to do the equivalent of a valet mode and activate it remotely from a CAN device?

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
arran
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature request: Fuel&spark cut at start up

Post by arran »

With my alarm setup, I switch to fuel table 3 which is all 0, and set req fuel to 0. Car won't start.
Can you do something similar with the TinyIOx?
RX7 Series 2 13B Turbo. Megasquirt 3 with 3X Expander and V3 CPU. Firmware 1.4.1
Knock module, twin EGT, real time clock, WBO2, full sequential fuel and spark
http://web.aanet.com.au/arran
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature request: Fuel&spark cut at start up

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Something similar can be done without using table switching and for fuel and/or ignition. The upcoming firmware will have a few engine shutdown options (not with RFID yet though).

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum