Feature Request - Closed-loop Fuel Pump output over CANbus

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

fobar22
MS/Extra Newbie

Feature Request - Closed-loop Fuel Pump output over CANbus

Post by fobar22 »

Hello all, I am in the planning stages of my next build. I intend on using the closed-loop fuel pump control to help keep fuel temperatures down. I will be running a Aeromotive A1000 through a return regulator. I believe that it will be beneficial for both fuel temperatures and pump longevity if I have MS3 regulate the fuel pressure to 45PSI, and then use the regulator to return fuel in excess of 50 PSI. In this fashion, my engine would be running a deadhead fuel system, but be able to keep consistent pressure when I get off the throttle real quick.

I would like to use the CANbus for other features, and if I'm using it for at least one system (EGT measurement) then I might as well try to run it for multiple. If this is not feasible or practical, my alternative is to run the PWM signal from my MS3 to a MOSFET board closer to the pump so that I can reduce the amount of heavy wire running up and down the car.

For those curious, the MOSFET board will have a MCP2551 and microcontroller that will receive the required PWM % and then drive the MOSFET directly. It will be a minimum footprint device specifically built to control a DC motors speed. My thought is that it can also act as the fan controller, and maybe a water pump controller in the future.

Thanks, Dave