Request: Blinking Traction Control "Light Output"

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Laminar
Master MS/Extra'er

Request: Blinking Traction Control "Light Output"

Post by Laminar »

I'm running the latest beta (1.4.1beta3) and loving the new TC light output function and just today it's snowy enough that I could really test out traction control. I've wired the light output to the stock "ASC" light in my E36's gauge cluster but noticed that when active, the light is steady on. It would be nice if the light blinked when it's active, as that's much easier to see in peripheral vision and what all OEMs do for traction or stability control.

If this isn't like to happen, is there an easy way for me to implement it in the code or via hardware? I'm using the INJ2 channel wired right into my gauge cluster to provide a ground for the ASC bulb.

I also have a TinyIOx and I read about using one of its PWM outputs set to a certain frequency to blink the light. Would the same thing be possible with the MS output channel?
xrattiracer
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Request: Blinking Traction Control "Light Output"

Post by xrattiracer »

easy enough to do with a simple transistor or 555 timer circuit.
Laminar
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Request: Blinking Traction Control "Light Output"

Post by Laminar »

My hope is that it would be easier to do with a single line of code. Between the TinyIOx and my VSS sensor amp I'm adding a lot of extra circuits and boxes and I'd like to limit that number before I my car ends up like a Mercedes with 3000 different boxes all reliant on each other to turn on the...like...blinker or something.