Coyote Support Documentation

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

92_foxgt
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Coyote Support Documentation

Post by 92_foxgt »

Hello everyone, I sold my turbo fox and bought a 69 fastback. It's in early planning stages but I'm leaning heavily towards a coyote build, but am not thrilled about running a canned tune on a stock ECU(spoiled after all the bells and whistles I had from MS2). I assumed that the megasquirt crowd would jump in but I understand that it's a very complicated beast. I've found two documented builds running an ms3 on a coyote, but was wondering if diyautotune or the like had some sort of coyote write up in the works. I see the vvt code is still in alpha?

I would be willing to contribute but I'm probably a year out still on engine/powertrain, planning on a clean sheet chassis/suspension build. Not trying to give anyone a hard time, just wondering what the community's views are on mainstream ms3 coyote support.
James
1969 Mustang fastback, 393W with MS3Pro
1992 Mustang hatchback, 302 with HX40W turbo on MS2/extra (sold)
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Coyote Support Documentation

Post by ashford »

the only thing that is really different on the coyote it the tivct, aside from that it is not really different from a 4.6 from an electrical standpoint. i will be doing another install in a few months if nessecary i can do a better write up on the hardware setup.

i also believe efisource is making an attempt to make a plug n play unit for these
92_foxgt
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 92_foxgt »

I didn't realize they were that similar. I never got too familiar with the modulars and just thought the coyotes had changed pretty drastically. I don't think another write up would hurt ha-ha. I've actually done some calling around and f-150 engines are going in the low $2000 range now. That is making it very tempting. When I get my build going I'll try to document it as well.
James
1969 Mustang fastback, 393W with MS3Pro
1992 Mustang hatchback, 302 with HX40W turbo on MS2/extra (sold)
jsimmons
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsimmons »

Yep not much to it. ashford and I are the only 2 coyotes that I know of running on ms3. If you need any help I would be willing to help you out. Although I'm not nearly as experienced as ashford, I can help the best I can. Feel free to ask any questions
Razzys Wagon
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Razzys Wagon »

ill be doing one here very soon, so ill need help for sure on it i know.