Averaging with multiple samples for baro

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Averaging with multiple samples for baro

Post by Reverant »

Hi,

on most cars, the baro signal seems to be a little noisy, going up and down by about 1kPa. This upsets the fueling somewhat. I've reduced the lag factor, but that affects the battery reading WAY too much. Can we add averaging say 20 samples over time? This will fix the issue.

Dimitris
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Averaging with multiple samples for baro

Post by dontz125 »

Where do you have your baro sensor that it's fluctuating? Sounds like you want more filtering, not more samples. Unless you're driving off a cliff, a pretty stiff filter should be plenty.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Reverant »

Internal baro on the ECU.
The man behind MS Labs
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Swap C2 out for a bigger cap, 4.7-10uF. See if you can add a 0.001uF from the other side of R2 to GND.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Reverant »

dontz125 wrote:Swap C2 out for a bigger cap, 4.7-10uF. See if you can add a 0.001uF from the other side of R2 to GND.
Nope, I've already tried different RC filters.
The man behind MS Labs
TheSilverBuick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by TheSilverBuick »

My baro wobbles all the time +/- 0.2. I've been actually wondering the same thing since I watch it constantly. There may be some wobble introduced from the various cabin leaks (like the pulsing you get when you have just one window down when going down the highway), but there certainly seems to be some internal fluctuations from the sensor. My voltage, MAP, etc are pretty solid.

Baro is the third read out down on the right hand side. I can be cruising along and the rpm's fluctuating a mere 10rpm, voltage, vacuum, etc perfectly steady, and that baro fluctuates. Yes, that 81kPa is correct, I live at 6,500ft and work over 7,000ft. We get days down around 78kPa from time to time.
"Hey, at least the Skylark proves that even a messy hack can patch together a reliable EFI system. I can't think of a time the MegaSquirt has left me stranded since installation ~100,000 miles ago."

Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015. - BB N/A - 1977 Skylark w/Buick 455 EFI and TKO-600!