Feature Req: 2nd idle timing table

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

krisr
Master MS/Extra'er

Feature Req: 2nd idle timing table

Post by krisr »

Would it be possible to get a second switchable idle advance timing map? Those of us that have an automatic transmission, having a map for P/N and a map for IN GEAR can really make life so much easier to tune how the engine recovers after shifting in and out of gear. I find in cars with big cams timing values of ~30deg BTDC is not unheard of and ~15deg BTDC out of gear makes the idle valve only move a few steps. I previously was running the tableswitch input against the inhibitor switch of the shifter so I was running 2 ignition tables prior, however i'm now setting up for a flex fuel sensor so need to use the 2nd table for flex.

Thanks
Kris
Sydney, Australia
1971 Holden Monaro HQ
MS3X Sequentially fuelled 400 Pontiac
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature Req: 2nd idle timing table

Post by nathaninwa »

Have you tried idle timing correction at all? I've done 4 installs with autos. Stock cammed 7mge, semi roudy 383sbc, my own ls3 with 12-1 and cammed heavily and now with 9-1 and turbo cammed. Each setup falls right into gear with minimum time for idle correction to keep rpm
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
krisr
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by krisr »

Are you using the main IGN table with bins around idle or using the idle timing table with spark correction for rpm? Is it possible to take a peek at the 383 tune? Mines a 400 so it'd give me a rough idea. I've managed to get it to idle around 75-80kpa both in and out of gear with the current table switch method and it's a 242/248 @0.050 HR on 110lsa and play/idle nicely at 1000rpm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jailgNdoa54
Sydney, Australia
1971 Holden Monaro HQ
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Yes, main table only with rpm timing correction,

This tune is with a pwm idle motor but the behavior was similar with the stepper motor, just had issues with being consistnat

this tune is from a 41 chevy convertible with a 70 year old man driving, and he was tickled with how it drove and he never had to do anything funny to keep it running at any point.
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
krisr
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by krisr »

Cool thanks mate. I need to finish some wiring before I can fire the car up again to play with it again.
Sydney, Australia
1971 Holden Monaro HQ