Hold Function for Launch control, or fuel addition for pit

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Hold Function for Launch control, or fuel addition for pit

Post by 93supercoupe »

Just wondering if its possible to either add a "hold" function for launch control, where it captures your current RPM (or VSS) or the ability to add fuel in the pit lane limiter

For us roll race guys.

Might be possible some other way. I know theres a 0-5v input for the launch, but it would take up an extra I/O if you wanted to use both.
BootlegTuned
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Hold Function for Launch control, or fuel addition for p

Post by dontz125 »

I guess I'm not quite understanding. Pit lane limiter has a 'hold' function; not sure why you'd want extra fuel since the point is to hold you at a particular speed.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

Im using Pit Lane as a rolling anti-lag.

I can make a couple more PSI using the launch control function then i can with the pit lane function and the only difference i can see between the 2 is the ability to add fuel in the launch control.

It doesnt necessarily have to be in the pit lane function, it might make more sense to have a "hold" function that captures the current rpm and applys the rest of your settings in the launch control
BootlegTuned
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

Just wondering if anyone has any other thoughts on this as I have 6-7 customers that could benifit from this

Happy Memorial Day
BootlegTuned
shainiac
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shainiac »

I thought I would bump this thread with some suggested improvements to Pit Lane Limiter.

Would it be possible for Pit Lane limiter to have all of the features normal 2-step launch control has, but instead of using a pre-set RPM, have a drop down box to choose between "grab current VSS" and "grab current RPM".

PLL currently doesn't allow additional fuel or different styles of spark limiting (4/5, 5/7, ect). One step further would be to allow closed loop boost targets, but I don't want to get too greedy! With the popularity of roll-racing and runway events, this is a useful feature that provides a big advantage on large turbo cars. Most of these style of races start at 50-60mph in 3rd gear and it would be a big help to have the turbo spooled before you pass the starting line.
1988 RX-7 TII
MS3Pro Ultimate
5.3L sbe LS, T56 Mag, 8.8" IRS
Twin EFR 6758s
716whp/662wtq
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

How's this - activate Variable Launch. Set your Min RPM to 0; set the Max RPM to represent a higher speed (at your current gearing) than you would reasonably expect to be dealing with during the rolling start. Select your desired ADC for the input signal - BUT! instead of a pot for the 0-5v signal, you have a Hall sensor sending a pulse VSS signal to a LM2917-8X Frequency-to-Voltage converter. Set it up such that a 5v output signal corresponds to whatever speed matches the Max RPM.

As soon as you push the Launch button, you should be held at whatever speed you are currently moving.

Thoughts? Comments? Punch holes in the weak spots, so we can patch it up and make it work! You've heard of crowd funding? This is crowd engineering! :lol:
TTR Ignition Systems
shainiac
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shainiac »

I guess that could work, but it would eat up a high speed input for those who still have some available. I already have 2 perfectly good VSS signals that could be used, kinda silly to add another to accomplish what could be done in software.
PLL as it sits works, it just makes a hell of a racket with all the pops and farts of generic spark cut. Adding fuel and refining the spark cut method would be a nice improvement.
1988 RX-7 TII
MS3Pro Ultimate
5.3L sbe LS, T56 Mag, 8.8" IRS
Twin EFR 6758s
716whp/662wtq
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Why would it eat up a high-speed input? You're feeding a FtV, which is generating a 0-5v signal being fed to an ADC. You could actually split the VSS2 signal to this input.

I agree it could be done in firmware, but - how long have you been waiting? If this works, it's a fairly simple add-on circuit.
TTR Ignition Systems