AFR 1 Target

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Lunkan
MS/Extra Newbie

AFR 1 Target

Post by Lunkan »

Hello,

I was helping a friend changing fuel from gas to E85 and i run in to some weard behavors.

The car is a old Vw caddy pickup with a 1.8T engine (400+hp) with Audi a3 2006 quattro drivetrain (haldex gen2), and I was using AFR when I was tuning on gas and because I didn't know the exakt % of alcohol in the E85 mixture (it varies at the pump in sweden) a wanted to change over to Lambda instead.

Everything worked exept the engin needed a VE of about 210% on Idle with the new Req. fuel (some setting was wrong).
I had done this changes:

I changed the Projekt properties - Configuration settings - Oxygen sensor / display, from "Wideband - AFR (default)" to "Wideband - Lambda".
I changed the AFR table to be correct with lambda 1.0 at low load.
the AFR calibration to E85 specs for Wideband Lambda controller.
I calculated the Required fuel, for the new injectors and E85. (3.2ms) 1800cc engine, 4 cylinders, 1435cc/min injectors and 9.7 AFR

And tried to start the engine and had to change the Req. fuel to about 6.4ms to get the engine idle around lambda 1, the I begin to lock for faulty settings and i come up that the "AFR 1 Target" was at lambda 1.44 but in the AFR table was lambda 0.96.

I testing different things until I was able to change the "AFR 1 Target" meter with (Basic/Load Settings - General settings - Load Parameters) Stoichiometric AFR (I have "Incorporate AFRTarget" set at "include AFRtarget"). If I put in "Stoichiometric AFR = 14.7" then "AFR 1 Target = 1" when AFRtable say lambda 1 but AFR/Lambda guage is not showing the right readings then.

I was able to geting the engin running so my friend is able to use the car this wheekend dragracing with this settings.
the AFR calibration to GAS specs for Wideband Lambda controller.
Required fuel = 3.2ms.
(Basic/Load Settings - General settings - Load Parameters) Stoichiometric AFR = 14.7
And some tuning.

We use a MS3 + MS3X runnig 1.4.1 code, TunerStudio MS v3.0.02

Can you check this in the code, because the "AFR 1 Target" chould be lambda 1 if AFRtable say Lambda 1 even on a differnt fuel right??

Best regard Jonas Lundqvist