Triggered SD card logging

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jon volk
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Triggered SD card logging

Post by jon volk »

Im using an EFI Source gold box and currently have my SD card logging set up to use a button. I most often just leave my windows tablet running in the background and it auto logs via an expression of RPM greater than 3k, tps greater than 90% and stops when rpm dips back below 3k. How much effort would be required to introduce expression logic into the SD card triggered logging? I have tried using the standard rpm or tps triggers, however, I get a massive number of junk logs. When using the expression type in tunerstudio, I get probably 95% usable logs. I would prefer this to having to remember to tap a button before running through the gears.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Triggered SD card logging

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Adding the loop variables from the programmable outputs to the currently available triggers would allow any type of trigger combination available in the programmable outputs. And that should be relatively simple to implement (I usually hate to see this type of comment from people who are not going to be the ones doing the implementation but it should be the case here if the loop variables have global scope...)

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
jon volk
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Triggered SD card logging

Post by jon volk »

Not a bad idea, but ill need to check if I have any available outputs left. I think they may all be tied up.