Fuel Pump Output Pin

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

shaodome
Master MS/Extra'er

Fuel Pump Output Pin

Post by shaodome »

Currently the only way to change the pin being used for the fuel pump output is via the open loop or closed loop PWM settings under fuel pump control. For those using an on/off relay it shouldn't be necessary to go to open loop then make the duty cycle 100% across the whole table just to gain the ability to use an alternate pin besides the dedicated fuel pump pin. Of course, using open loop @ 100% dc works just fine and gives the user the flexibility to change the pin for the fuel pump, but from an overall experience standpoint, I don't see why it's missing that flexibility from on/off mode as well?

In addition, there is no ability to use the fuel pump output pin as a programmable output? For those running mechanical fuel pumps, having an extra output definitely doesn't hurt :)
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Fuel Pump Output Pin

Post by slow_hemi6 »

My question is how do you fool proof it for new users. People will configure it incorrectly and have difficult to diagnose no start conditions. I am probably in favor of the KISS principle on this one.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
shaodome
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Fuel Pump Output Pin

Post by shaodome »

slow_hemi6 wrote:My question is how do you fool proof it for new users. People will configure it incorrectly and have difficult to diagnose no start conditions. I am probably in favor of the KISS principle on this one.
You could use that argument for a lot of things, but to handicap a viable output over user ignorance I'm against. Why have the ability to use alternate pins for fuel pump output (under PWM mode) at all then....but we do.