Feature request SD log off trigger

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

autoaddictions
MS/Extra Newbie

Feature request SD log off trigger

Post by autoaddictions »

I have been getting a hard time from track officials about having laptop in my car for data logging. I have started to use the SD logging feature and it's a pita. First there is only trigger for starting logs. I use TPS < 80% log time set to 1 min.
Problem is it will log and contue to repeat 1min logs until the key is turned off. The second issue is the logs have no date or time stamp so you have to fish the them to find the log with your pass.

Having a off trigger would solve the repeating log problem
The time steaming would have to come from internal clock function in the box so it knows the time when laptop isn't connected.

Please hook us up with this.
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature request SD log off trigger

Post by Reverant »

You can add datetime stamps on the logs if you add the RTC module.
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
TheSilverBuick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature request SD log off trigger

Post by TheSilverBuick »

Yep, install the clock chip and you'll have a data and time stamp. I set my logs to 15 minutes and use a momentary switch to turn my logs on and off when I want, then in the off chance I forget to turn it off it'll click off after 15 minutes. I also have an indicator that comes on when logging so I can easily see that it's recording before I go down the track, or if the car has a hiccup going down the road I can start recording on the fly. Easy-peasey and already available.
"Hey, at least the Skylark proves that even a messy hack can patch together a reliable EFI system. I can't think of a time the MegaSquirt has left me stranded since installation ~100,000 miles ago."

Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015. - BB N/A - 1977 Skylark w/Buick 455 EFI and TKO-600!