Feature Request - Nitrous by MAP activation

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sam3481
MS/Extra Newbie

Feature Request - Nitrous by MAP activation

Post by sam3481 »

I use nitrous to spool large frame turbos on small displacement engines. It would be nice to have a upper and lower map setting for the nitrous control I would like to be able to turn the nitrous off at 15psi of boost and have it come back on if the boost gets below 15. This is a feature that's available in many other EMS and should be available to MS users.

-Sam
CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature Request - Nitrous by MAP activation

Post by CRSTune »

You can actually. In the Nitrous settings, you can set the switch input to be on a programmable loop instead of a hardware switch. Then you'd set the loop based on your min and max load.
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug
sam3481
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sam3481 »

That's a work around but not a practical solution for my setup. I don't want to have to change my tune when I am done at the track. Its just easier to turn it off with a switch.

How difficult would something like this be to implement

CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by CRSTune »

Then add a second loop, programmed to trigger when both loop 1 is active and a hardware switch is active. Then program Nitrous to activate based on loop 2.
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug
sam3481
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sam3481 »

Then why have pre configured outputs at all.. Hell they could of just saved a bunch of time and only offered programmable loops instead of predefined outputs. I am asking for a feature request to the software. I can come up with half ass solutions to solve my problems but in the end I would just like to see the software improve over its competitors.

Thanks again for your suggestions

-Sam