Sequential shift cut: Disable N20 and AFR safety

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Sequential shift cut: Disable N20 and AFR safety

Post by Reverant »

Hi,

I had a car running nitrous on the last drag race, using a sequential gearbox with the sequential shift cut feature. A couple of times the driver shifted below the "Disable nitrous above" rpm but above the flatshift arming RPM. This created a couple of huge backfires, and on the second one the driver thought the engine was toast and lifted off, losing the race to the driver on the other lane (the engine was fine, just a few burns marks on the hood).

So, my request is: Can we disable the nitrous while doing the sequential shift cut? I know it may still backfire if you haven't disabled the nitrous quite a bit before, but at least this will minimize it.

Also, during shifting, the AFR goes lean, so it would be nice to disable the AFR safety during and a few milliseconds after the shift (typically 200-300ms).

Thoughts?
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
AbatelliCristian
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Sequential shift cut: Disable N20 and AFR safety

Post by AbatelliCristian »

I think is good idea... backfire with nos can damage the engine (I have damage connect rod for hardlimits with nos) .