generic_pid_routine: P term not working?

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

muythaibxr
Site Admin

Re: generic_pid_routine: P term not working?

Post by muythaibxr »

elaw, I specifically need a log of 1.4 PID doing "wonky things" (assuming you're talking about idle here) from you.
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
elaw
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elaw »

I posted a snippet, along with .msq etc. in this thread: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 31&t=64759

If you'd like to look at the whole log, it's here: http://www.thelawsplace.com/2016-12-19_10.39.24.msl.zip
Eric Law
1990 Audi 80 quattro with AAN turbo engine: happily running on MS3+MS3X
2012 Audi A4 quattro, desperately in need of tweaking

Be alert! America needs more lerts.
mrx79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by mrx79 »

Hi muythaibxr,
thanks for your explanation. Now i understand what you mean.
From my point of view, equal units is not mandatory, my biggest concern with TypeC currently is that P-Term has no consideration of the error. Thats all.

For Windup technicaly you are correct. But again, i would say it's not mandatory from my point of view. Maybe not always 100% correct, but it's the same today.
A seperate I-Limit would be good, but i guess for a first try it would be also ok to use the same auth. limit for the I-Part as for the total controller output.
Of course, this means that P I and D Part are all calculated in percentage to apply the limit properly.

I will read a bit more of Type A, and look forward for any future implementation. ;-)

Thanks for your open mind.
Honda CRX B16A1 Turbo | MS3 running | pre1.5.1 beta7 Firmware | 24/1 Dual Wheel | COP ignition | 725cc ID injectors