MS3Pro CAN w/ 1.5.x and AEM net

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nvr2fst
Helpful MS/Extra'er

MS3Pro CAN w/ 1.5.x and AEM net

Post by nvr2fst »

Hi I've been working on my C6 corvette project for over a year now and I just started the car this week. I'm trying to get my MS3Pro to work with MS IO extension box, CAN EGT and (2) AEM 4 channel wideband controllers but I'm not having any luck. As I'm doing more research, I think I understand the 1.5.x firmware to support AEM net does not allow the MS IO box and MS CAN EGT to work also? Is this still true and will that change?! This is the last piece of my puzzle to start tuning my car but I'm getting nowhere outside of creating CAN errors and going crazy.

I'm using the DIYautotune 24x LSX plug and play harness for the basic engine setup. I attached my extra wiring diagrams with sensors as a ref and the MSQ I'm currently running. So far all I've done is engine startup so I don't have any logs. The MS3Pro will not write a tune if the CAN devices are connected. "Controller Error= Failed to communicate with CAN1" when TunerStudio connects and "Controller Error= Burn Page Failed CRC check" when trying to burn data. If I remove the can devices the MS3pro operates correctly.

Can someone help me?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3Pro CAN w/ 1.5.x and AEM net

Post by Matt Cramer »

At present, the firmware can either use the AEM or the MS CAN protocol but not both at the same time.

You could, however, plug eight Innovate widebands into the CAN-EGT.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I'll follow this thread. I've got Ms3, canegt, I/o box and a canbus gauge I'm using and going to pickup the aem 4 channel boxes. Only going to run a single box this year with bank to bank fueling, but want to do all 8 next year as funds allow. This season I'll use spare analog inputs on the Pro, but hope something can be married over the next year.
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
nvr2fst
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by nvr2fst »

I've decided to get a friend of mine involved with the project to see what he could do. We decided to add a motec logger because their logger can accept multiple can types, interpret it and rebroadcast it back in whatever bit format I want.
All he needs is the MS lambda receive addresses. IE where to send the lambda data and he can set it up for me.
Can someone tell me where to get this information?

-Josh
nvr2fst
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by nvr2fst »

Also, is there a CAN transmit document from MS to an external dash?
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Reverant »

If anyone wants to connect the AEM 4-channel UEGO to their MS, they can send me their 4-ch UEGO and I can make the CAN module sold by Trackspeed and us compatible - ie provide all four channels of the UEGO as CAN ADC data, along with any other info the UEGO includes (backpressure, etc).
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Thankyou for the post! I will get a hold of you after I purchase my box in about a month
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
nvr2fst
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by nvr2fst »

That sounds great but a day late on my end.
I've already purchased the motec dash but if I don't get the CAN documents I'll be stuck again.
Anyone know where I can find all of the MS can recieved and transmit documents?
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Are the PDF's at the bottom of the Manuals page what you are looking for?
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
nvr2fst
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by nvr2fst »

slow_hemi6 wrote:Are the PDF's at the bottom of the Manuals page what you are looking for?
Yes, that's it! Thanks
nvr2fst
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by nvr2fst »

I got it all working to together thanks to a Motec C125 dash and some mad can coding skill from Obsidian Motorsport Group! :yeah!:

AEM net and MScan on the same network without a translator should still be a feature added to the Megasquirt but at least I can move on and tune my car now!

First start with everything working
https://youtu.be/TvwKadbiK4Y

Better video with showing idle with O2 and EGT feedback.
https://youtu.be/yh1KK2Q2TMc