Feature request: Alternate Temp input for MAF strategy

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

theturbodog
MS/Extra Newbie

Feature request: Alternate Temp input for MAF strategy

Post by theturbodog »

When using dual fueling algorithms the MAT input is shared between the two fueling strategies, but the placement of the sensor and thus the temp it measures is wrong for at least one strategy. I'd like to be able to specify a generic input to use for the MAF temp calculations while still using the existing MAT input for speed density.

My use case is MAF for strategy 1 and SpeedDensity for strategy 2 and I blend between the two based on load. It is likely that I could tune out the difference if the car was naturally aspirated, but I have a huge intercooler that makes the air cleaner and post-intercooler temperatures wildly different at times. My MAT temperature sensor is post intercooler which favors speed density. As the temperature at the MAF diverges from the intercooler temp(such as a long idle or on dyno) the fueling under the MAF strategy begins to diverge. A long idle with intake temp delta of about 100 deg(150F at MAF/50F post Intercooler) will actually stall the motor lean.

Currently working around this with variable EGO authority which mostly works, but makes car harder to tune and still not right under all conditions(post start for example).

Thanks,
Casey