Nitrous Trigger Override

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

shaodome
Master MS/Extra'er

Nitrous Trigger Override

Post by shaodome »

I was trying to find a way to do this in the existing code, but so far no luck. If you have a suggestion on how to achieve with the software as is, please speak up!

I'm trying to determine a way to fire the nitrous (Single stage) based on TWO distinct scenarios.

Scenario 1 - Nitrous Enable armed via a LOOP that takes into account PORTEH State and MAP pressure. This enables me to retain the master arm switch and cut the nitrous off at a certain boost level (2nd variable can be a variety of things, in my case it is boost)

AND

Scenario 2 - Through use of another switchable input, a handheld/steeringwheel mounted button to fire the nitrous through the Megasquirt, thus retaining fuel addition and timing retard.

Here is why I am asking. It grants the driver flexiblity to override the limits specified via the LOOP. Right now on my personal test sled, I'm using the nitrous to spool the turbo and it's off by 240kpa, but depending on the race and traction conditions I might opt to keep it spraying beyond the map limit specified in the loop. I was hoping to accomplish this with using 2 LOOPs, with the 2nd LOOP referencing the first LOOP as one condition with an "OR" operator where the chosen input pin could be specified as the 2nd trigger, but doesn't appear we can do that.

A solution using external wiring would be to have another output interrupt the signal from the nitrous master arm switch using a relay and the "manual override" switch would just restore the Nitrous master arm signal, but I was hoping to not have to do that and just connect a simple input to act as the override.
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Nitrous Trigger Override

Post by Reverant »

You can combine two loops together, I've done this on a customer's car.
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
shaodome
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by shaodome »

Reverant wrote:You can combine two loops together, I've done this on a customer's car.
How so? I didn't see "loop 1" as a selectable variable in the programmable outputs for loop 2. This is as of the 1.5 firmware.
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

While the various drop-down selections show Loop1 - Loop8,in the ProgOut section 'LOOP' is a bitwise function. If you want to check if LOOP1 is on , you look at [LOOP] [AND} [1] [1]; Loop2 would use [2] [2]. If you want to turn on Loop3 when both Loop1 and Loop2 are active, it's [LOOP] [AND] [3] [3].
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems