Log Option help/request

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

AlanJ
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Log Option help/request

Post by AlanJ »

Is there a way to log ignition events and crank trigger events on the same graph? I'm having issues with 2 injectors not firing after cranking and trying to figure out where they are getting dropped out at. oscilloscope shows no trigger to the injectors but test mode fires the injectors. I'm looking for a preparing to fire or a "Fired" mark that i can look for with an oscilloscope. I'm thinking the mega-squirt is "Forgetting" to fire them or some interrupt is happening that is causing the ms to miss the events.....

I have an need help post going in the support channel but as of yet no ideas.
92 Dakota Work in progress (ms3x)
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: Log Option help/request

Post by jsmcortina »

:msq:
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
AlanJ
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by AlanJ »

MSQ/Log file does not matter, I'm asking if a particular function is available by mega-squirt and if it is then how to start/set it up. or pointers on how to program the function in. I'm trying not to post multiple threads on the same subject. My original issue thread is here http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 31&t=65774

What I'm looking for here is a tooth logger of sorts for engine cycle/cylinder cycle events as seen by the mega-squirt.

Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to clarify my request.
thokes82
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by thokes82 »

Engine Logger does not do the job?
Race car building documentation: www.kessel.tk (nice pics but only german laguage so far...)
AlanJ
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by AlanJ »

Nothing shows with the engine logger, map logger, only the tooth logger and composite logger display any information....

I assumed this is because of my unique setup.....

Ill research into this and see what im doing wrong or what settings i have incorrect that dont allow it to work.....
AlanJ
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by AlanJ »

no, engine logger does not work for what i need.....
AlanJ
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by AlanJ »

Is there an option for this? Sorry to bump it but I think it would be really helpful in tuning to see where events correspond to cylinder events.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The engine logger should show precisely this - the tooth input pulses plus ignition output events. If it isn't showing this, please post a copy of the engine log.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
AlanJ
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by AlanJ »

Matt Cramer wrote:The engine logger should show precisely this - the tooth input pulses plus ignition output events. If it isn't showing this, please post a copy of the engine log.
I stand corrected. Someone showed me how to use the engine logger. It is exactly what I was looking for. My apologies. There is no documentation I could find on this feature. And never noticed the drop downs at the bottom of the screen.....