low battery

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

AbatelliCristian
Super MS/Extra'er

low battery

Post by AbatelliCristian »

Hi guys,
I think, the actual error lowbattery is problem. When I have battery old, or cable old, down spike in the cranck, generate error and engine no start.
I know, battery and cable should be good, but I think this error is considered more serious than reality in the last firmware...
My opinion...

Best Regards
Cristian
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: low battery

Post by DaveEFI »

AbatelliCristian wrote:Hi guys,
I think, the actual error lowbattery is problem. When I have battery old, or cable old, down spike in the cranck, generate error and engine no start.
I know, battery and cable should be good, but I think this error is considered more serious than reality in the last firmware...
My opinion...

Best Regards
Cristian
Do a log of the problem. Most of MS runs off a regulated 5v rail, so generally if the battery can turn the starter the injection and ignition should still work.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
AbatelliCristian
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbatelliCristian »

Sorry, At the moment I dont have log.
The problem is downspike. When start the cranck, if the battery is old, the spike low, generate error and that error is irreversible. The only way is turn off the key and restart... But there is a possibility that the error will happen again at next cranck and the engine no start if I not replace the battery.
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Reverant »

The low battery config error is a huge issue for race cars with tiny lithium batteries.

It's also an issue on piggyback setups (additional injectors), where the stock ECU can handle the low voltage during cranking just fine, but once in boost the car leans out as the MS3 is locked due to the low battery config error. Not good.
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
thokes82
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by thokes82 »

This is to me a function which removes system reliability and does not help at all. I agree with the comments above. Running a race car requires error-proof software and not a function that tries to teach me about my wiring.
Race car building documentation: www.kessel.tk (nice pics but only german laguage so far...)