Feature request: Boost target modifiers

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Feature request: Boost target modifiers

Post by Reverant »

I would like to add 3 or 4 boost target modifiers as 2D tables. These will allow you to add or remove from the target boost.

You should be allowed to change the X axis, like you can with the blend curves, but ideally allow all parameters, not just a preset few (but I can understand code-wise why adding them all is difficult).

For example, allow to to limit boost if the coolant temp is too low or too high, if the IAT is too high, if there's knock, allow more freedom in boost by gear (taper by RPM based on the boost target table, then add additional boost by gear using the modifier tables), add/remove boost by a potentiometer, etc.

Thoughts?
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
LSXCutty
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature request: Boost target modifiers

Post by LSXCutty »

Yes this would be great. Also being about to modify by CAN Gear, etc. I found my car wants different boost duty as to which gear it is in. And I run either open loop Boost or Setup mode Closed loop boost Control. I don't feel very confident in closed loop boost control until we can modify the bias table by gear.