Overall Fuel Trim based on analog input

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mrx79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Overall Fuel Trim based on analog input

Post by mrx79 »

Hi,

maybe i've missed that feature, but just for curiosity, would it be possible to add a feature to configure a global +/- x% fuel trim based on a 0-5v analog input?

Best regards
Honda CRX B16A1 Turbo | MS3 running | pre1.5.1 beta7 Firmware | 24/1 Dual Wheel | COP ignition | 725cc ID injectors
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Overall Fuel Trim based on analog input

Post by nathaninwa »

Can you put that into a scenario. Can the fuel trim table be of help?
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
mrx79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by mrx79 »

Hi,

there are a few scenarios, but i see it more like a general purpose feature, like the programmable outputs.

Two scenarios just out of my mind i can think of would be:
- Quick mixture adjustement for example at the track if you have no time and want to experiment without the use of a laptop or tablet.
- External mixture control for example to realize a after catalyst trim controll for emission purposes (in this case the AFR Target would be necessary to change) or fuel tank evaporation compensation (in this case target afr stays the same and injection time has to be controlled).

The last things is what i would have in mind, because it's both features which are quite complex and currently not integrated in MS and are most likely also not the mainstream feature people use when using MS, so i would not bother the developers with such a huge task which fills up the software what only a minority of users ever will use.

I'am sure there are more scenarios where such a feature of general external mixture control can come in handy.

Best regards
Honda CRX B16A1 Turbo | MS3 running | pre1.5.1 beta7 Firmware | 24/1 Dual Wheel | COP ignition | 725cc ID injectors
JohnWhittingham
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by JohnWhittingham »

Hi
I think a fuel trim and maybe an ignition trim would be a good option to add, i have an early Haltech in one of my cars, it has a fuel and ignition trim, it allows +- 5% on the fuel and or ignition would be a useful tuning tool and allow adjustments while driving