Feature Request: Boost by gear

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

tariqdalmir
MS/Extra Newbie

Feature Request: Boost by gear

Post by tariqdalmir »

I would like to make a feature request to have boost adjustable by gear by having a percentage option of the main duty map/gear.

For example: If I have a boost duty table 1 that has boost duty of 40%. I would like an option to choose a percentage of that duty for each gear. 1: 50% 2: 70% 3,4,5: 100%. This way gear 1 would be 50% of the 40% duty map which in turn would be 20% duty for first gear and 2nd would be 28% etc..

I understand we can you use blend curve table switching for boost but I am already using that blend curve table for my flex/boost.

Hope you guys can make this work

thanks

Tariq
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature Request: Boost by gear

Post by whittlebeast »

That would require VSS to calculate RPM/VSS to get down to a way to figure out gear.

Like this chart generates http://www.nbs-stl.com/HarleyTuning/Clo ... 0Chart.png

This happens to be a 6 speed.

Andy
tariqdalmir
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by tariqdalmir »

Yes VSS vs RPM is the best way to figure it out for sure. Hopefully we can get some way to have the option with out using the blend curve table especially for people running E85 with flex.
VLC-05L
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by VLC-05L »

I am an MS2 user so know little about the features of the MS3. Just looked in the MS3 forum to see what feature requests there might be.

This one however I assumed would already be a feature of the MS3, at least in terms of closed loop boost control. I would have thought that if you have a speed sensor, the ECU could work out what gear you are in and then just target a boost for each gear. This works quite well on a MoTeC M800.

If I was ever going to upgrade to an MS3, this is the main feature that would I would want. That said, I'm more likely to get an M1 though.
CB70 12V 3cyl 993cc Daihatsu | MS2X Sequential Fuel and Spark | Flex Fuel Launch Control | Raspberry Pi Dash
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Reverant »

This feature would allow you to blend for flex fuel and also modify your targets based on temperature (see the other thread for compensation based on IAT) and gear:

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 25&t=66117
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
tariqdalmir
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by tariqdalmir »

I use a variable duty curve to keep the boost how i like it. Therefore, an option to have a percentage of the table for each gear would be ideal.

My target on boost changes through the rpm band so setting a target boost pressure for each gear wouldn't work. Only a percentage of the entire duty map would.

:RTFM: