Feature request - individual calibration of lambda inputs

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

vejnoe
MS/Extra Newbie

Feature request - individual calibration of lambda inputs

Post by vejnoe »

Hi

If possible, please add parameters for calibrating each lambda channel. I'm running with 2 LSU4.9 sensores (V6 engine, dual exhausts) And the 14point7 controllers can't be ouput calibrated, and as my MS3pro share the same calibration value on both sensors are one of them slightly off. Not a lot but still a topic as AFR is slightly different on the two banks.

So please add to the wish list - individual Lambda calibration

Br Mads
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature request - individual calibration of lambda input

Post by 93supercoupe »

Ive also ran into this issue.
BootlegTuned
jsimmons
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsimmons »

My car does this at idle but at wide open throttle they read the same which tells me the day afr's are actually off bank-to-bank at idle. Something to look into or food for thought.
Laminar
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Laminar »

I have the same issue. I started with a single MTX-L setup but later added a 14point7 controller for a second bank. I was able to recalibrate the MTX-L to match the 14point7's range, but keeping each device in its default range would be nice.
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Reverant »

Codewise, the solution is quite easy: replace the ADC01-ADC16 options for the EGO port with Sensor 01 - Sensor 16. That way, you can assign a custom calibration to each wideband with minimal additional coding.

Thoughts from the developers?
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Reverant wrote:Codewise, the solution is quite easy: replace the ADC01-ADC16 options for the EGO port with Sensor 01 - Sensor 16. That way, you can assign a custom calibration to each wideband with minimal additional coding.
If that's an acceptable solution (which looks like a good idea to me), it would be preferable to add the sensor 01-16 to the list rather than use them as replacements for something else. There are already few sensor variables available so it would be good to not have to use them if raw ADC values can be used. You could always use the first EGO port as a raw ADC value and the currently available calibration and, if needed, you could then use sensor variables for additional EGO ports if a different calibration is needed.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum