ms3pro coyote install issues

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Tripod02
MS/Extra Newbie

ms3pro coyote install issues

Post by Tripod02 »

so once again trying to finish this car; -finally "seem" to have all of the wiring done for this install. Trying to finish setup and start this car but having some serious gremlins maybe some of you that have done this swap already could help solve.

First round of problems:
Cant seem to get TPS calibrated-The counts keep coming up the same. Ive checked all the wiring, done a bench test on the tps itself and everything seems to be fine. Tried a different ground on the car-different ADC count but still the same for closed/open...Im going crazy...Any ideas?

Also getting jumping tach signal when engine is not cranking, and getting error message for "Cannot run sequential without knowing engine phase" but cant get anything on the tooth counter-what am I missing?

as reminder-the engine is a stock f150 coyote, throttle body is a FAST Big Mouth throttle body with gm style sensors [new never used].
toy= 92 ford mustang lx hatchback : full SA koni coilovers, torque arm, panhard bar, tubular arms and k member, cobra steering and brakes, autopower race roll bar, schroth 6 point belts, ms3-pro, coyote v8 swap pending...
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: ms3pro coyote install issues

Post by ashford »

i can take a look at your msq for you. what year f150?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Tripod02 wrote:so once again trying to finish this car; -finally "seem" to have all of the wiring done for this install. Trying to finish setup and start this car but having some serious gremlins maybe some of you that have done this swap already could help solve.

First round of problems:
Cant seem to get TPS calibrated-The counts keep coming up the same. Ive checked all the wiring, done a bench test on the tps itself and everything seems to be fine. Tried a different ground on the car-different ADC count but still the same for closed/open...Im going crazy...Any ideas?
Check the voltage on the TPS pin at closed and wide open throttle. Let me know what you find.
Also getting jumping tach signal when engine is not cranking, and getting error message for "Cannot run sequential without knowing engine phase" but cant get anything on the tooth counter-what am I missing?
You need to change the trigger wheel arrangement to "dual wheel with missing tooth".
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Tripod02
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Tripod02 »

the engine is from a 2011 f150.
The voltage on the tps pin as measured last night at closed was around 0.6V, wide open was around 4.7V
I should also tell you guys that during the very first key on for this ecu, the tps was connected to 12v switched power incorrectly. I just called tech support and was told this could have internally damaged the tps input to the ecu. Any experience with this? Any way I could test the ecu to verify damage? I will re bench test the input later on with a few varying voltages to see if I get anything and let you all know what happens. Thank you for the feedback so far.

9PM update: As instructed this afternoon, I tried to manually place a voltage into the TPS signal wire with no change in ADC count reading. I tried 1.5 and 3V with no change. So I guess this means the input is damaged??? I guessI will call tomorrow morning with these results and take the next step for service....
toy= 92 ford mustang lx hatchback : full SA koni coilovers, torque arm, panhard bar, tubular arms and k member, cobra steering and brakes, autopower race roll bar, schroth 6 point belts, ms3-pro, coyote v8 swap pending...
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

What was the exact ADC count you received, open and closed?
Tripod02
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Tripod02 »

3 closed and open.

There were different numbers prior to this one, but in every case the counts were the same for open and closed
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I have sent an RMA form by email.
Tripod02
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Tripod02 »

ECU is out for inspection and repair. I'll take this time to go back through my harness and make sure there is nothing else stupid going on. This whole car was "under construction" at once so it wont hurt to check.

A few initial things to verify:
-Im using a ford hitachi maf sensor-6 wire with the IAT built in. Any opinions on using the map in wire for MAF signal versus a seperate spare input? I wasnt planning on running a MAP sensor in parallel with this but if anyone's experience shows otherwise, please share it.

-I have (2) JB Perf. Dual VR conditioner boards, external style 12v feed, for the cam sensors. Im currently only using one for the exhaust cams and the stock vr sensors. Im plugging the intake hall sensors directly into the ecu. Do the conditioner board grounds go to a regular ground or should they also be tied into the signal return?
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Tripod02 wrote:-I have (2) JB Perf. Dual VR conditioner boards, external style 12v feed, for the cam sensors. Im currently only using one for the exhaust cams and the stock vr sensors. Im plugging the intake hall sensors directly into the ecu. Do the conditioner board grounds go to a regular ground or should they also be tied into the signal return?

Use the regular ground.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum