Knock Test Mode

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

vw_chuck
Master MS/Extra'er

Knock Test Mode

Post by vw_chuck »

Can you add knock sensor setup test mode to the test mode page? This will be to test out your knock sensor system(sensor, wires, soldering to internal card, internal card, etc..). So you activate sensor 1 and tap the cylinder head with a wrench to see if you are getting a signal all the way to the ECU. Then activate a second sensor if installed and test the same way.
Thanks.
jsiedlicki
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Knock Test Mode

Post by jsiedlicki »

That seems like a great idea. Seems like you can test everything else why not the knock sensor!
MS3-Pro 1st Gen | Honda K24 Supercharged
MS3/MS3X | SB Ford 347 stroker
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Reverant »

This was discussed a while ago. James said that the chip needs a knock window to function, and I advised that it could run with a fixed (or even with an adjustable) period, say 10ms. This would be easy to implement, at least that's what I think.
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
vw_chuck
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by vw_chuck »

Yea I am having an issue at the moment verifying both channels of my knock sensors. One sensor seems to work and shows knock on all cylinders when it should only show knock on 2 cylinders and the second sensor shows nothing at all. It is strange. Having this test mode would be really useful to validate the second sensor circuit all the at to the ECU.