AlphaN improvement idea: Effective TPS as load

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

AlphaN improvement idea: Effective TPS as load

Post by Dennis_Zx7r »

As I used AlphaN for some testing for some months and was used to ITB mode, I especially found the need to have narrow steps for low load annoying.
As an example, if around idle I'd have WOT at about 15% TPS, the cells above this load are basically useless. On the other side, I hardly care about the difference between TPS 0%, TPS 1% and TPS 3% on high RPM as they are basically overdrive.

So, here's my idea: Why not have an option to use the TPS WOT curve from AE to have an "effective" TPS as load (Y-axis on tables)? This would greatly increase table resolution for lower RPM respectively eliminate the need for the narrow steps, similar to a setup using SD or Baro%.
My project: Link
thokes82
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: AlphaN improvement idea: Effective TPS as load

Post by thokes82 »

I like this one. Great idea.
Race car building documentation: www.kessel.tk (nice pics but only german laguage so far...)
suberimakuri
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by suberimakuri »

Wow, that's interesting.
Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Dennis_Zx7r »

Any thoughts from the developers side? I think this could also further improve ITB mode in the A/N-regions.
From what my limited understanding of the code is, it would "only" be necessary to divide TPS% by TPSWOT%(rpm-dependent); limited to 100% of course.
Already have enough data on TPSWOT and VE tables. Would happily volunteer to be a guinea pig for both A/N or ITB modes.
My project: Link