Nissan VK56 Support

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Nissan VK56 Support

Postby amreboot » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:25 am

Hey all

New to the MS game as I usually play with old school platforms.
I am building a VK56 twin turbo setup. Block is stripped down getting the go-fast parts.

I have been reading and researching the support for MS and the VK56. There were a few threads about the QR25 supporting the trigger wheel and such. But it seems as most have tried that has failed?
Then there was a release note by James saying that its been added but untested. I haven't seen any updates in terms of feedback of it working or not.

Otherwise, if it doesn't officially support it, I will do a basic 36-1 trigger wheel and modify the cam for a single tooth (instead of the current multi). This way I will get the full sequential setup.

Any thoughts or comments for a MS3 newbie?

Thanks in advanced!!!
amreboot
MS/Extra Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Nissan VK56 Support

Postby prof315 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:10 am

The 36-1 and single cam pulse works well. I have a customer with that setup running the VK in a 240SX. Your gonna break stuff with twin turbos. We made over 400ft/lbs on a stock engine with headers.
Linfert Performance: Come run up front
92 Corrado 2.0L ABA and Borg Warner EFR 6258 on MS3Pro.
94 Ranger 2.3 Twin Plug on MS2
Support the developers!
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:13 am
Location: Melbourne, FL

Re: Nissan VK56 Support

Postby jsmcortina » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:49 pm

amreboot wrote:I haven't seen any updates in terms of feedback of it working or not.

Otherwise, if it doesn't officially support it

Why not test it?

James
I can supply, repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
jsmcortina
Site Admin
 
Posts: 33991
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 1:34 am
Location: Birmingham, UK

Re: Nissan VK56 Support

Postby amreboot » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:51 am

prof315 wrote:The 36-1 and single cam pulse works well. I have a customer with that setup running the VK in a 240SX. Your gonna break stuff with twin turbos. We made over 400ft/lbs on a stock engine with headers.


Understood. The motor is being built with forged internals. I won't have any concerns of the supportive setup
jsmcortina wrote:
amreboot wrote:I haven't seen any updates in terms of feedback of it working or not.

Otherwise, if it doesn't officially support it

Why not test it?

James


Oh I definitely can, I just wanted to see where the last movement was on this.
amreboot
MS/Extra Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:47 pm


Return to MS3 Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest