Multiple Traction Control Reaction charts

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Austin Finley
MS/Extra Newbie

Multiple Traction Control Reaction charts

Post by Austin Finley »

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to create multiple Spark Retard/Cut charts for the TC Reaction to where one could have a "light" torque reduction and a "heavy" torque reduction and use a rotary poteniometer to vary it depending on the user. This would work similar to the fuel/spark/afr table blend and would allow the driver to control both where the TC comes into effect via slip thresholds and how aggressive the torque reduction is with spark retard and cylinder cuts.

Thanks,

Austin Finley
acedeuce802
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Multiple Traction Control Reaction charts

Post by acedeuce802 »

From what I understand, there's not a way to adjust the curves on the fly, but there is a slip threshold. You set "Slip % Setting" to "Adjustable" and this unlocks a curve that you can create a slip% versus voltage curve from a potentiometer.
goodysgotacuda
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by goodysgotacuda »

I'm not sure how this would be very different than adjusting the %slip target with a potentiometer. More aggressive = less %slip. Less aggressive = more %slip. The control tables should handle the rest.
1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - 5.7L Hemi w/T56 Magnum

MS3 Gold Box, TunerStudio MS/MegaLogViewerHD user
Austin Finley
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Austin Finley »

From my understanding the slip threshold curve allows the user to adjust at what % slip the TC activates. The traction control reaction graph looks as though it retards spark as a function of whatever slip % is currently present when the TC is activated multiplied by the amount of time passed in 0.01s increments. So the current feature of adjustable Slip % Threshold allows the user to control WHEN the TC comes into effect with respect to wheel slip, while the TC reaction chart controls HOW aggressive the spark retard is when the TC is on and wheel slip is present. Having two separate TC Reactions graphs on an adjustable blend curve would allow the user to adjust how aggressive the spark retard is when the TC is active.

Without giving away any proprietary information, the endurance car I am working with has this feature present as we have multiple drivers racing in dynamic conditions and each driver can tailor the TC system to his preference. This system as you can imagine is very costly and complex, while what I am proposing already has the "bones" implemented in the MS3 firmware (adjustable blend curve) and could just be a matter of writing extra code in a custom .ini file without a major update.