Miss-fire below 3000rpm at light load

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mackei23b
MS/Extra Newbie

Miss-fire below 3000rpm at light load

Post by mackei23b »

Hi there

Well my last real challenge is to get rid of a miss-fire below 3000rpm.

So far I've changed the injectors, plugs, ignition leads and coil to rule these out, but the miss-fire remains. After 3000rpm the engine runs clean and pulls like a train....! The miss-fire is only at light load, as soon as I open the throttle the miss-fire clears, though it does not stay below 3000rpm for long....I've played about with the fueling and ignition curves and it has not cured it.

The engine is a ford 2l duratec running on jenvey 45mm throttle bodies and a dead head fuel rail (I'm thinking about changing the fuel rail to a more conventional one with an inlet and outlet) in my Caterham. I've attached the data log (in the zip file, as suggested, thank you) with has some reasonably consistent running below 3000rpm and the msq file as well . The voltage is lower than I'd expect as I'm seeing around 13 volts, I've got a small denso alternator and a varley red top 20 battery.

So..what have I missed.....?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

Ian
Last edited by mackei23b on Fri May 27, 2016 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Miss-fire below 3000rpm at light load

Post by grom_e30 »

You can use win zip to compress the file and reduce its size for posting
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????