EAE tuning

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

EAE tuning

Post by Yves »

Can someone point me to a good explanation on this subject.

I've been trying to tune my AE and decel but seem to run into a problem with wall fuel interfering with certain things and leading to either lean issues on accel or severe popping on decel.

thanks
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: EAE tuning

Post by Yves »

nobody can help with this ?
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Have you read the manual?
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
Hahns5.2
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Hahns5.2 »

I've read pretty much everything I can (manual, every forum post that popped up on google) regarding EAE tuning and spent two weeks messing with it every day and got pretty much nowhere, even went out for a tuning drive one night and hit a d*** deer for my effort. No matter how I played with the curves I couldn't keep the AFRs even remotely flat, always lean on accel and rich on decel, not to mention the it kept leaning me out to the point of missing/popping at low vacuum/low boost. Gave up and went back to Accel Pump AE.
95 Dakota, 5.2, 5 speed, 4x2, HX40, 12PSI, MS3X, 42lb Bosch Design 3 Injectors, AEM UEGO.
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Yves »

muythaibxr wrote:Have you read the manual?
A comment like :

This curve determines how much fuel is being sucked from the walls on each intake (valve open) event. It is a
percentage (Y-axis) of the total amount of fuel that has adhered to the walls based on load (X-axis), so therefore
the percentages are much smaller (about 10x smaller) than the Adhere-to-walls coefficients.

Doesn't mean a thing other than explaining in general terms what the curve is about. There is no information on the tuning process itself, unless I have missed a part.
MWPau
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by MWPau »

Please let the rest of us know if you do find anything.

I'm really struggling to get accel pump working well enough, so would like to try EAE.
With the info available though, just go in blindly with trial-and-error seems like it would almost be impossible to get right.
Toyota Celica GT4/Alltrac with 5S-GTE stroker (2.2L I4 turbo, high CR) on E85 w/FlexFuel.
MS3 + MS3X + KnockBoard + RTC + BT + DIY CAN-IO-Board + DIY CAN Digital Dash.
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Yves »

MWPau wrote:Please let the rest of us know if you do find anything.

I'm really struggling to get accel pump working well enough, so would like to try EAE.
With the info available though, just go in blindly with trial-and-error seems like it would almost be impossible to get right.
X2
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Yves »

Thanks Matt
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

That link was from the manual by the way.
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Yves »

Apparently the DIY MS3 pro manual. I don't have a pro. In the manual I have for TS there is nothing about it written besides the more general description like quoted.
pit_celica
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by pit_celica »

The exact same thing is in the MS3 manual. See section 4.15 :

http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/Meg ... p-1.4.html

The TS manual doesn't covers the "Tuning" part. It's mostly talking about "which button to press to do the specified action". You will need to read all 3 manuals as said here :

http://www.msextra.com/manuals/ms3manuals/

to have a complete understanding on the whole MS3 thing.

Have a good day!

Sam