Looking for real world info!

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Locashlester
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Locashlester »

I’m going to be buying the DIY Thermocouple interface to hook up to my Evo. My car is four cylinder so I don’t need eight sensors for EGT. My question is who has used any outputs on this unit for another type of sensor? I’m looking to use it for a second IAT as well as for water temps before and after my intercooler. How were your readings? If this will work as i hope it will that will open up three analog inputs that I can use else where.
Thanks!
Lester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Looking for real world info!

Post by racingmini_mtl »

You can only use k-type thermocouples as sensors. And since it is designed for a range of 0-1250C (32-2282F), you may not have the resolution you would have with a normal ADC input and a thermistor.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
chips60bug
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by chips60bug »

I use a similar box that also comes with 8 thermocouples, 4 for egt and 4 for cylinder head temp on my aircooled VW. But they are all K-type TCs.
Locashlester
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Locashlester »

Chip, what box are you using? Was originally going to do CHT per cylinder but running out of room. 2332, T4 turbo setup. How did you mount the CHT sensors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chips60bug
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by chips60bug »

Sorry, I just saw this. I'm using an IOX from JBperf.com. It has the logger board option as well which is where the EGT inputs are. Works really good. These are the head temp sensors I am using.
http://thesensorconnection.com/cht-sens ... -and-14-mm
I also bought EGT probes from them too.