Boost Control Blend Tables

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

slow94formula
MS/Extra Newbie

Boost Control Blend Tables

Post by slow94formula »

I am wanting to do boost vs speed and blend between tables using my flex fuel sensor, but I do not see an option for "boost control vs speed 2" to blend to. Is it just something I'm missing?
slow94formula
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Boost Control Blend Tables

Post by slow94formula »

Ideally I'll have the same curve between the two tables, but the pump gas settings would be a lower peak than the e85 settings. Is this possible?

I tried setting up boost 1 and boost 2 assuming it could at least be done using the TPS vs RPM tables and it said there was an error using the same pin for both. I don't see an option to use "same as boost control 1 pin" such as the "same as launch" option for trans brake button. What am I missing?
BLR
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by BLR »

slow94formula wrote:Ideally I'll have the same curve between the two tables, but the pump gas settings would be a lower peak than the e85 settings. Is this possible?

I tried setting up boost 1 and boost 2 assuming it could at least be done using the TPS vs RPM tables and it said there was an error using the same pin for both. I don't see an option to use "same as boost control 1 pin" such as the "same as launch" option for trans brake button. What am I missing?
I agree.
I started asking for this a few months ago. Hopefully they get to it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Drew442
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Drew442 »

Wouldn't the pump fuel table target higher boost pressures, or at least higher boost pressures at lower speeds? Given the ethanol will make more power at lower boost levels because it's less knock limited.

The boost by speed should be tuned to the traction limit, not the boost limit.

The problem still remains...

You could blend a spark table to reduce torque and regain traction.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
slow94formula
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by slow94formula »

I believe you are missing the point. I want to use boost by mph as my primary form of boost control. When running pump gas the boost curve may be very similar to the ethanol table with the exception that the maximum boost will be much lower on 0% ethanol

For example...

Code: Select all

Pump Gas:
   /

E85:
             /
           /
         /
       /
     /
   /
Idk if that gets my point across, but it made sense to me. lol