MegaMeet 2009 West Coast

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

muythaibxr
Site Admin

MegaMeet 2009 West Coast

Post by muythaibxr »

Just posting a cross-link to the West-Coast megameet. It's a bit late, but I just found out about it today.

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?f=92 ... 77#p219877

Ken
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MegaMeet 2009 West Coast

Post by UnaClocker »

Holy cow! Wow! I'm in Kent several times a week for work.. Thank you for posting this, I had no idea. I'll be there for SURE! :) Thanks!
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Unfortunately it is too much money for me to make it right now. I would like to have gone.

Ken
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

Now that you and James are making official MS3 code, seems like the MegaSquirt sales should be able to fund your attendance at these events.. Ahh well.. Anyone with MS3 going to be there? I'd love to mug them. errr, I mean see their setup. :) I'll show up in my van, which has the Sequential MS2-Extra setup in it.. :)
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

You might not believe it but right now with all the new hardware in the works the project is pretty low on cash. I would not ask B&G to pay for it. B&G do not make much on MS stuff anyway though so I still probably would not ask.

We are going to try to put together a presentation to do remotely.

Ken
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

It would be great if there was a way to see this presentation on the web for those of us who can't be there. I don't know how you were planning on doing the remote presentation but it might be relatively easy to have other viewers besides the MegaMeet location.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

If someone can find something that's free then we'll do that for the MS3 part of the presentation at least.

Ken
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

hehe.. You're in luck.. I was watching a podcast show I watch regularly (Tekzilla), last night, and they had an ad for just this sort of thing.. And apparently, somehow, it's FREE..
The place is called "DimDim"
No install required, just go to the site, sign up, then Ken and or James can do their presentation, and we can all watch it, on that site, in our browsers.. Sounds too good to be true.. Check it out.. I haven't tried it.. Seems to have gotten rave reviews though.
edit: Looks like you need a "webinar" account, 30 day free trial should do the trick, if 100 viewers will be enough..
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Turns out it might not matter.

Bruce says that the wifi at the hotel sucks.

We might just have to call in somehow.

Ken
PSIG
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by PSIG »

I'm here! Black hat - yellow shirt. Off to find 'squirters...

David
-=≡ If it was easy, everyone would do it. ≡=-
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

If you find Bruce tell him to call me and let me know what's going on for the MS3 presentation.

Ken
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Ken called in on speakerphone and I got to listen to that speakerphone via DimDim. I could just about hear what was going on.

With a full internet connection, I think DimDim would be very good.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Agreed. I'm not sure who was letting us use their phone, but thanks for doing that!

Ken
Mario
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Mario »

Great Meet! Thanks for sharing all the new info with us all! Lunch was awesome, thanks for that! Good to know that there is a good number of experienced squirters around here after all :) I wish my car could have made it but all that sweet MS power broke an axle that I wasn't able to fix in time, next year!

I'm now overly excited for a GPIO, I really need more adc's.
1967 Beetle My test mule
The Dub Shop
Facebook
Megasquirt for life!