95 Viper project

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 95 Viper project

Post by racingmini_mtl »

turbo355 wrote:Here is my base map i used .

The cam and crank are feed 8V from the factory , i made a 8v regulator to feed these with a 10k pullup to 5v on each sensor output for the input to the MS crank and cam.

Also i have a factory service manual and some of the wiring in the wiring diagrams for the ecu diagrams are wrong , so be sure to check your wire colors when your wiring it up.
Have you tried to see if they would work powered from a 5V source? That would simplify the installation.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
dieselgeek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dieselgeek »

Excellent, thanks turbo!! Any other words of wisdom? Did you stick with 0 as the trigger / ref angle?
Squirted: it's easier to list the ones I haven't squirted. I need to do more motorcycle engines!
turbo355
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by turbo355 »

racingmini_mtl wrote:

The cam and crank are feed 8V from the factory , i made a 8v regulator to feed these with a 10k pullup to 5v on each sensor output for the input to the MS crank and cam.

Also i have a factory service manual and some of the wiring in the wiring diagrams for the ecu diagrams are wrong , so be sure to check your wire colors when your wiring it up.
Have you tried to see if they would work powered from a 5V source? That would simplify the installation.

Jean
They might , i dint try it but its a possibility, those and the speed sensors share the 8V signal so i just replicate that.
dieselgeek wrote:Excellent, thanks turbo!! Any other words of wisdom? Did you stick with 0 as the trigger / ref angle?
I eneded up with -10 for the trigger value but i just made a crude TDC mark to get it close so i could be off, i also need to check TDC for all 10 cylinders to make sure they all are correct.

Everything works so far ( i dont have the IAC hooked up ) but AC clutch, fans high and low , and tach all work , i dint get to the speedo yet that will be next when i get back on it , and the IAC .
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa turbo MS3 beta testing Plug and Play standalone

http://interfacepnp.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/Busams
AndyMac
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by AndyMac »

Nice work, I've been on the fence about trying the MS3 on my TT 95 RT/10, but didn't want to pioneer the project. Looking forward to your progress updates. Thanks for all your hard work.
Last edited by AndyMac on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew MacPherson
TT 95 RT/10 (MS3x357 in progress)
TT V8 300zx (MS1) sold
Turbo 94 Explorer (MS1) sold
dieselgeek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dieselgeek »

Turbo, I'm unable to load the MSQ here. I don't think it's a big deal, about the only thing I am wondering if you went with rising or falling edges for the cam and crank inputs?

thanks!
-Scott
Squirted: it's easier to list the ones I haven't squirted. I need to do more motorcycle engines!
Hahns5.2
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Hahns5.2 »

racingmini_mtl wrote:

Jean
My 95 Dakota crank and cam sensors are also fed with 8v from the SBEC, I simply cut the 8v wire and soldered the MS 5vref to it and it works :D No pullup resistors either since the SBEC is still getting the crank and cam signal.
95 Dakota, 5.2, 5 speed, 4x2, HX40, 12PSI, MS3X, 42lb Bosch Design 3 Injectors, AEM UEGO.
turbo355
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by turbo355 »

dieselgeek wrote:

Turbo, I'm unable to load the MSQ here. I don't think it's a big deal, about the only thing I am wondering if you went with rising or falling edges for the cam and crank inputs?

thanks!
-Scott
Mine is set to Rising , that msq is from beta 22.

dieselgeek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dieselgeek »

Awesome, thank you again!

Update, so we have the engine running and NO sync loss, I guess that's good right?

The problem we have is the RPM is bouncing and the engine's running rough, I'm 90% sure we have a couple spark outputs flipped around. Working on that now!

See attached datalog of it running a little goofy, if you see anything wrong please comment!

-Scott
dieselgeek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dieselgeek »

Success!!!

We didn't realize we need to enable the "oddfire" option, once we did that it smoothed out.

So now there is a Drag Pack Viper engine on Barton Racing's dyno getting the snot twisted out of it on their DTS dyno.

Turbo, James, THANK YOU GUYS so much!! I'll let you know how the car does at its first race soon,

-Scott
turbo355
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by turbo355 »

NICE!! For sure let me know how it does , i havent had time to get back on mine (to many irons in the fire) , but i do plan on getting back on it soon.

saitek1981
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by saitek1981 »

Hi.
We have build af viper gen2 engine in a Nissan skyline. and mounted the ms3 with the 2 expansion boards.
But i ran into som problems. The engine is running. But not in sequential. when i change the settings in Engine and Sequential Settings to Fully Sequential. the engine does not start. Have any of you solutions for this?. The injector is connected in firing order 1-10-9-4-3-6-5-8-7-2 = A B C... ect. I will upload msq later to day.

Thank you for som god info in this thread.

Brian.
Denmark.
http://www.hjermitslev-motorsport.dk/