GM DIS on MS3X

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: GM DIS on MS3X

Post by jsmcortina »

I looked a bit deeper and while I want to change it a bit, the behaviour on the MS3X spark outputs SpkB should be ok.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
charged3800z24
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by charged3800z24 »

The Buick C3I uses the same config on the hardware as the GM DIS on my MS3 (went from MS1 to MS2 and now MS3 with this setup). I just used a 70 deg. trigger angle for it instead of 10 for the DIS. I was reading this and wondered if I was missing something. I haven't had any issue with using the ByPass did something change? I guess I thought this was still function normally :) . I'm not an expert, but if I can be of any help I'm willing.
Space387
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Space387 »

wow that was fast if you are looking for a tester let me know so I can try it out
94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
5.7L LT1 (optispark)
Ms3+3x
frank_ster
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by frank_ster »

i had same issue when going sequential on gm c31 ignition.
you have to switch from basic trigger to toothed wheel to use sequential

when you set it as toothed wheel the option for the 5 v bypass on spark b disappears

workaround 1 relay of 5 v that is disabled during cranking

workaround 2 witch i am going to try right now .. is set a programmable output of spark b to turn on over ~ 500 rpm.
2005 subaru legacy with buick grandnational engine and awd :D
1976 gmc k10 pickup vortec 383 tbi ms2 nv4500 3.42 final drives
B85
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by B85 »

MSQ, please ! :oops: Working on a MX3x for a 3.8SC from a GTP. About the same motor and it would help me with setting mine up. Also did you do any testing with JS with a JSx ?
Thanks,Randy

V6 SPL311 wrote:If it's any help...
On my DIS MS2 V3.57 setup by DIY Autotune install I HAVE to use the following settings to have timing control.
I am using the on-crank reluctor wheel inherent to the 3.4 liter V6 chevy motor so the trigger angle won't translate, but I'll include all settings anyway.

Spark Mode= Basic Trigger
Trigger Angle/Offset=62.00
GM HEI/DIS options =GM Bypass on D16
Skip Pulses= 1
Ignition Input Capture= Falling Edge
Spark Output= Going Low (Normal)
Number of Coils= Wasted Spark
Spark A output pin= JS10
Fixed Advance= Use Table
Use Prediction= 1st Deriv Prediction
Cranking Dwell= 6.0
Cranking Advance= 3.0
Dwell type= Fixed Duty
Dwell duty= 50

If I had to guess, looking at the available options in the dropdowns, you'll have to change the wiring to spark B as spark A is not an option for the GM HEI/DIS block. Not many folks running the DIS/module combination. Took alot of reading and trial and error to get mine up and running. Still not optimized and I'm not positive on the dwell settings, but it runs well and nothing gets hot. I can post an MSQ if it is helpful to you.

Marshal