ms3-pro 22RE

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

bigkid72
MS/Extra Newbie

ms3-pro 22RE

Post by bigkid72 »

Ok, before anyone says anything, I know I have gone a little over board with my build.. but I take the approach of too much is just enough and for some stubborn reasons I wanted to use the original motor and not do a transplant :D
I have a Toyota Bundera which I have removed all the carburettor stuff and bolted up all the EFI manifolds from another car. The engine has been stroked and bored out to 94mmx94mm, with good forged pistons and h-beam rods, There is a snail hanging from the side of it, high torque cam, over sized valves, ported, upgraded to dual row timing chain possibly a few other things that I'm forgetting being a long term project now.
Any how, my problem, I have stripped out my distributor and converted it to a cam angle sensor with a 2.5" 36-1 trigger wheel and a threaded hall sensor from diyautotune, so that I can run full sequential ignition and injection.
Everything is on, I have made the loom, all of the outputs work (custom pwm iac valve setup, boost controller, 4x coils, injectors etc) and all the sensors are working (temp, maf, map etc) except for the cam sensor input. :cry:
I have tested my cam angle sensor on the oscilloscope at work and it works perfectly. I have checked for signal input at the pin on the ecu, and it is getting the signal, all I have at home are multi meters and lights, I probed the pin on the ecu with a led with the ignition on and turning the engine by hand the light does turn on and off, so this tells me the cam angle sensor is still functioning now too, so I believe I have messed up in the tuning software somewhere. I have tried a few different settings with no results. Just hoping there may be someone that could tell me what I have done wrong in the settings.
bigkid72
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: ms3-pro 22RE

Post by bigkid72 »

Thanks but all sorted and running now. Even if running only a single toothed wheel on the cam, it needs to be wired into the crank pin, not the cam pin.