EGO Delay Table?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

noname4me
MS/Extra Newbie

EGO Delay Table?

Post by noname4me »

Hi, I have a Miata 1.8L NB2 VVT engine in a 1997 Miata running on a MS3X ECU. I currently have one of the pre 1.3.1 builds loaded, but will be upgrading to the latest 1.3.1 build in the near future.

I have had the car running for over a year on the MS3X, but haven't been completely satisfied with the tune. I have been working through a number of different areas, trying to improve the configuration. Lately I have been working to improve the fueling part of the tune. I saw the new EGO Delay Table option and thought it would help with EGO Control, but the table doesn't quite do what I thought it would...

It is obvious now that the EGO Delay Table is a replacement for using Ignition Events to determine the time between EGO corrections. What I can't find is any information on how to determine the optimal values for the table. Since the table values max at 255 ms, one can't use just convert over to Ignition Events to ms (scaled by rpm) as that would require values >255ms. One reference states that EGO control should be 2x per second, which would be 500ms and exceed the values accepted in the table.

Searches using Google and this forum don't turn up any useful information (at least for me). Does anyone have any links, suggestions, recommendations,etc?

I have a similar question about tuning "EGO Sensor response time", which is available once table based EGO Delay is picked. This parameter only accepts up to 255ms, yet my logs show a delay between changes and the EGO reading changing to be close to 500ms at lower rpm's.

Really, what I thought this new feature would address is the ability to have EGO readings timed like one can do with VEAL, so that the EGO Control would actually match up with what is going on inside of the engine in real time. As is, EGO Control is a bit disappointing. With a 600ms-200ms offset in EGO readings vs what is happening in the engine, I don't see how EGO Control can help with anything but steady state throttle/load conditions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
MWPau
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: EGO Delay Table?

Post by MWPau »

Dragging this back up.
I have the same problem too.

EGO via IM-LC1 -serial> TinyIOx -can> MS3 means i need rather large delay times.
Up to 700ms in places :(

Also...
If the delay table is enabled, is the delay "EGO Sensor Response Time" + the table value?
This does not appear to be explained anywhere in the TS tips or docs.
Last edited by MWPau on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Toyota Celica GT4/Alltrac with 5S-GTE stroker (2.2L I4 turbo, high CR) on E85 w/FlexFuel.
MS3 + MS3X + KnockBoard + RTC + BT + DIY CAN-IO-Board + DIY CAN Digital Dash.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Using the TinyIOx has not been reported as generating large delays so I'm a bit surprised that you are seeing this. The latency for transmitting the AFR data from the TinyIOx should be much less than what you're seeing (actually less than a tenth of what you're seeing). So there must be something else causing this delay. Do you have something else on your CAN bus?

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
MWPau
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by MWPau »

Hi Jean,
There is nothing else on the canbus at the moment.
Toyota Celica GT4/Alltrac with 5S-GTE stroker (2.2L I4 turbo, high CR) on E85 w/FlexFuel.
MWPau
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by MWPau »

This is an example of how large a delay i see. An extreme example since it is on overrun though.
933mS in this case.
The WB02 sensor is at the bottom of the turbo dump pipe, maybe 600mm from the port exit on the head, so not an unusually long distance.

Rickster
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Rickster »

Just as another data point, I am using the tinyIOx as well and am also see large delays. I am using this as the only CAN device, and it is connected to 2 SLC OEM controllers. I was planning to connect the 2 controllers to the analog inputs to see if the latency dropped significantly but have not had time yet.

Rick
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Rick,

Let me know what you find out. Also, when you say large delays how large is that?

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

the newer alphas have a 2.55 second max delay now a factor of 10 has been applied to it
Rickster
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Rickster »

The newer firmware fixed the issue for me.

v0.1.0d
http://forum.jbperf.com/viewtopic.php?t ... 7387#p7387

Thanks!

Rick
dll67
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by dll67 »

Has anyone used the ego delay table?
Got any information on how it worked for you?
MS3PU/IOx/CAN-EGT/DBWx2 540ci BBC 325cc int runners (2)innovate LC2 wbo2's, Hilborn ITB injector cnvrtd to EFI, 55LB Inj, d585 coil near plg, 60-2 trg whl & cam ph snsr, Muncie 4spd w/10T VSS, Tilton 7.25" cerametalic cltch 8.5LB flywhl