Innovate LC-1 sensor readings

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

1uzfevolvo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Innovate LC-1 sensor readings

Post by 1uzfevolvo »

Been having an issue with my LC-1 wideband sensor.

I've gone back thru all the documentation and recalibrated the controller and the heater and free air settings. The calibration light blinks when it should and stays steady when necessary, suggesting what I've done is correct.

But, what I'm seeing on on the Tunerstudio screen doesn't appear correct. With no power to the ecu the AFR gauge shows the needle and digital reading as 10. When power is applied to the ecu the needle goes to 19.5 but the digital reading is 7.9. Finally, after about 15 seconds the gauge changes to red with the needle at 11.1 and the digital reading as 22.3. Its almost like the needle and digital readings are half or twice each others value. Unfortunately my screen shots are too big to upload but hopefully you get my drift.

Is what I'm seeing correct or have I got something wired wrong. I've been thru all the setting and they are set for wideband LC-1 controller.

When the motor was running a week ago, the AFR readings fluctuated wildly from rich to lean which was the reason for going back and recalibrating and checking my settings.

Any suggestions????
1UZ-FE Volvo 282
CoP Sequential MS3x
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Innovate LC-1 sensor readings

Post by kjones6039 »

Calibrated in TS?

:msq:

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
1uzfevolvo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 1uzfevolvo »

If you mean calibrated thru Tools,then yes. It shows LC-1.

Is there somewhere else?
1UZ-FE Volvo 282
CoP Sequential MS3x
1uzfevolvo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 1uzfevolvo »

Ok, after a lot more research, it turns out that in the programming of the LC-1 the preset voltages for the afr settings are 0 & 5 volt, which is what I had left it at and was getting the unusual readings as described previously. However, I read that if you change the volts to 1& 4, you get equal figures for both the needle and digital on the Tunerstudio gauge.

I tried this and sure enough, the gauge readings correspond. I have yet to try this new setting when the motor is started, but hopefully the afr readings will be more consistent.

Has anyone else found the LC-1 settings to be as described?
1UZ-FE Volvo 282
CoP Sequential MS3x
ducman82
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by ducman82 »

i found that the MTXL gauge i have will read, say, 14.7 while in TS it says 15.1 .. seems to always be just .2 ish above what the gauge says.... i adjusted the voltage a wee bit, and that seems to have smoothed that out.
81 Porsche 928. 5L 16v, MS3X CNP- full sequential
gui67
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by gui67 »

The standard values for the TC gauge are minimum 10 and maximum 19.
If your LC1 sends a signal corresponding to 8 (what it does during heating I think, the needle of the gauge will go below the minimum of 10, down to the other side of the gauge: around 19.
and with free air it sends a signal corresponding to 22. As the maximum is 19, it will go above 19 and arrive in the low values around 11. What is important is the digital value, not what is indicated by the needle.
Or you should change the minimum and maximum of the gauge to 8 and 22.